Re: Programming new key?
A maximum of four remote transmitters can be programmed to the vehicle. Programming must be done at the same time for all the remote transmitters.
Before entering the remote transmitter programming mode, make sure that the vehicle battery is fully charged and that the anti-theft system is not armed or triggered (if equipped).
1. Turn the ignition switch from position 0 to position I.
2. Wait until the passive anti-theft system (PATS) LED is continuously ON
3. Turn the ignition switch to position 0.
4. Within 5 seconds of the previous step, hold the key in the direction of the infrared receiver then press and hold the unlock button on the remote transmitter.
5. When the LED in the key starts flashing, press the lock button three times.
6. Release both buttons and observe that the PATS LED and the key LED flash 5 times.
7. After each successful remote transmitter programming, another 20 second programming mode is automatically entered, up to a maximum of four times.
8. To program additional remote transmitters, repeat the procedure from step 4 with each additional remote transmitter.
9. The system will exit the programming mode if the ignition switch is turned to position II, no new remote transmitter is programmed during the 20 seconds or if four remote transmitters have been programmed.
An incorrect programming procedure does not affect the stored codes.
After successful programming, only the new programmed remote transmitters will be accepted.
11. Test all the programmed remote transmitters, by activating and deactivating the remote locking and unlocking functions.