Raced an ST170... not far behind!!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Focus Forum Forum for the discussion of the Ford Focus

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2003, 05:10   #1 (permalink)
Corner Hugger

Raced an ST170... not far behind!!!

Pulled past a servo yesterday in the early evening, saw an ST170 pulling out of the drive and for all the criticism they get, that thing lookd absolutely bloody awesome. He pulls up next to me, bloke in his 30's I'm guessing, didn't look too interested in the world (must have been a dealer) and I didn't receive the old Focus nod and smile, specially from him...

Methinks this would be a great chance to show him my Zetec won't take it's $10k inferior price tag lying down, so I give the ol Zee a thrashing and whaddya know, the little fat bastard ST170 just can't seem to shake me!! It was only up the steep hill that he pulled away from me ever so slightly... but there wasn't much in it!! Mind you when I pulled up at the next lights and popped the window down a little to hear the glorious tune of that exhaust... the smile returned even bigger. Take one for a test drive one day and you'll see what I mean, that car has an extremely sexy tune to it - stock. But it gave me the modding bug SO badly that I knew the next time I took on an ST170 seriously it'd be more than a little humbled.

European Ford Owners Club - Southern Region President

Zetec is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2003, 15:04   #2 (permalink)
Ford Europe Wannabe

Re: Raced an ST170... not far behind!!!

Nice 1 Zetec

Agree with you 100% on the look of an ST170- nothing short of stunning in my opinion

As for mods, c'mon Herrods full exhaust and headers!
TurboDOHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 15:08   #3 (permalink)
Corner Hugger

Yeah I'm waiting on that coz I want to see some Aussie developed stuff, just a little hesitant to source US items in case there are any problems. His exhaust should be a cracker, just hoping it comes along soon!!!! The 2.0 engine is a good base for an exhaust I think, little restrictive at the current setup yet it is quite loud for a stock exhaust considering. Would benefit from a nicely tuned exhaust, having hear what the ST170 is capable of...

Old 11-03-2003, 16:02   #4 (permalink)
Ford Europe Wannabe

Yup couldnt agree more about being hesitant to purchase overseas stuff. And as you prob know, Herrod make some wicked stuff for the Falcon, and combined with the assurance of buying locally, they should be a good bet if the are price competitive

I want a full header and exhaust all the way through to get as much poke out the 2.0L as possible!
Old 11-04-2003, 16:31   #5 (permalink)
Bring Back Jeff Kennet

aren't the st170's exhuast and headers different anyway? Couldn't you just source them from Ford Aus and get a similar note?

Advertised as $4000ono. Price is negiotable for a quick sale.
FoMoCo4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 18:27   #6 (permalink)
Corner Hugger

I tried that considering other Focus parts seem pretty reasonably priced compared to aftermarket... but check out this link for more info on Focu exhausts if ur interested...

Aussie Ford Focus Exhaust Resource

"Let me add that for any crazies out there who want the ST170's system which by the way sounds fantastic, then forget it. Complete cat-back system alone is over $2,000 quoted from Ford parts... without installation."

And that's excluding headers/extractors and high-flow cats

He he he I walked straight out of the parts store... rightly so!!!

Old 11-04-2003, 18:51   #7 (permalink)
Bring Back Jeff Kennet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetec
"Let me add that for any crazies out there who want the ST170's system which by the way sounds fantastic, then forget it. Complete cat-back system alone is over $2,000 quoted from Ford parts... without installation."
holy crap....no wonder you guys are hanging out for herrods stuff.

Advertised as $4000ono. Price is negiotable for a quick sale.
FoMoCo4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 18:56   #8 (permalink)
Corner Hugger

yeah but remember that if you look at the link, there are suppliers all over Sydney at least that offer full catback double muffler systems in stainless from $770 installed which to me isn't too bad. The $800 is proven, the $770 I am yet to hear about actually being fitted to someone's car.

Old 11-04-2003, 19:30   #9 (permalink)
Ford Europe Wannabe

Has Herrod's given any indication about pricing on headers and/or exhauts as this stage does anyone know?
Old 11-05-2003, 00:47   #10 (permalink)
Corner Hugger

not as yet, he is still finalising his testing but rest assured the day he does he'll post on the Focus forum here, or you'll hear about it within 24 hours or so. My guess is cat-back about $900 installed at least if not $1000. But that's just guessing. Not based on his hints, he's pretty tight lipped.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum

Related Reading: Raced an ST170... not far behind!!!