Running on 2 cylnders HELP - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Focus Forum Forum for the discussion of the Ford Focus

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2007, 14:44   #1 (permalink)

Running on 2 cylnders HELP

I have a 2001 ford focus. Computer codes say number 1 and number 4 misfire. Starts idles ruff, like is choking for gas. Replaces the 1 and 4 injectors. Replaced the 2 spark plugs. No spark from either. New Coil pack. Still no spark. Took off the negative bat cable left over night. Replaced in the moring started.. same thing. Its getting fuel.. I can smell it. Does anyone have any ideas that I can try.. PLEASE
Thanks in advnace
fordfancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2007, 09:56   #2 (permalink)
00gtr1

Re: Running on 2 cylnders HELP

What about plug wires? how many miles on the vehicle? what engine, SPI 2.0 or DOHC 2.0? I personally never seen a problem with focus fuel injectors.
00gtr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 10:22   #3 (permalink)

ok 2001 ford focus. 2.0 Split Port 159000 miles Fuel pump is good. Fuel filter changed. O2 sensor changed. New plug wires. I am beginning to think that maybe it has something to do with the crankshaft sensor, or the camshaft sensor. If not... I am ready to drive I mean push it off a short peir.
fordfancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 10:34   #4 (permalink)
00gtr1

With that many miles I would suspect the timming belt has slipped a couple of teeth causing your engine to be off time. You need to remove the front engine mounting bracket and timming belt cover and have someone crank the engine over be sure to unplug the coil pack. Then you can see if the belt is missing teeth. hope this helps.
00gtr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum