smoke - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Focus Forum Forum for the discussion of the Ford Focus

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2008, 04:21   #1 (permalink)

smoke

Need help pls... mine is a UK 2000 W reg. 1.6 ford focus zetec with 37k on the clock. My problem is, it emits alot of smoke, (I think smoke is bluish and smells like carbon, though not really sure about the color) specially when I'm revving it up. Here are the possible causes that I can think of:

1. Filled in the fuel tank with a 97 octane super unleaded from TESCO.

2. Topped up the engine with oil of grade 10w40 and over filled it at about a quarter of an inch ( just topped up not changed oil, I don't know which grade the previous owner put in.) I have drove only 30 miles since I realized the wrong grade and after that I have already flushed my engine using Wynns engine flush , changed oil filter, air filter, spark plugs, and put in 5w30 A1 motors semi-synthetic oil. ( I also made sure that I do not over fill it with oil)

3. When i changed the spark plugs, found out that the third plug is full of carbon deposits while the rest are clean. Just this morning, I checked the new spark plugs I placed, found out again that the third plug has too much carbon on it and wet (just don't know if it's wet due to oil or fuel) as compared to the other plugs. I inspected the flow of current on the third plug and I think it's weak. (Test I did: while engine is at idle, i removed the HT wire one by one and see if the engine judders and checked for sparks coming out from HT wire, third wire does not emit sparks as compared to others but engine judders a little bit).

So, based from these, what could be the possible cause of smoke coming out? Other things I should consider? Possible cause of weak current, tests and remedies?

Car runs smoothy and does not judder, no engine coolant loss, no overheating. I have leaks in power steering pump, don't know if it's connected with the smoke prob.

I'm worried about when I topped the engine with 10w40 grade oil and when I engine flushed it. Could I have damaged the engine? just drove it for 30 miles before changing the oil.

Thanks so much!
<!-- / message -->
jramiro181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum