Someone Please Help Me Find This Part - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Focus Forum Forum for the discussion of the Ford Focus

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-11-17, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

Someone Please Help Me Find This Part

I recently crashed my 2004 Ford Focus. The last two parts I was told I needed was the air cleaner and the air cleaner housing unit . I made it out to a pick and pull and snagged the air cleaner but I have absolutely no idea what the "housing unit" is. All of the information I was provided by our absolutely terrible mechanic is that it's the housing unit for the air cleaner that has tubing that runs down into the wheel well. I can not find this part online which HAS to come off a 2004 Ford Focus because that was the year that these things were infront of the battery. I'm so sunk in without a car for the past three months I just want this done! Can someone please tell me the actually name of this "housing unit" part or link me to where I can just order it online! Please and thank you!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-11-17, 05:38 PM
Dazed and Confused

Re: Someone Please Help Me Find This Part

The housing unit is what the sir cleaner is held in. I believe they're different for different engines. Which one do you have?

Ever notice that there's so many high performance parts available for GM products?

Did you ever think that maybe they NEED them?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-12-17, 01:54 AM
Moderators

Re: Someone Please Help Me Find This Part

Go to a breakers yard for part , lot cheaper than dealership and should be ready available . Or e bay usually has plenty on offer or alternative KN kit to suit .Change your mechanic .I would doubt it HAS to come from a 2004 .Determine if your car is a MK 1 or Mk 2 and engine type usually all that is needed .Only thing I can think off why otherwise would be a possible changeover date from MK1 to MK 2

Never, never, never give up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum