Squeaking sound coming from?? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Focus Forum Forum for the discussion of the Ford Focus

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2008, 13:36   #1 (permalink)

confused Squeaking sound coming from??

Hi, I have a 2001 Focus ZX-3 and recently have been hearing a lot of squeaking from my car which sounds like it is coming from all 4 corners. I had one day of no squeaking but that was a day after it had rained all weekend and I didnt use my car until the following Monday. It happens all of the time the car goes over any kind of bump in the road surface and it doesnt seem to matter at what speed. I have read some suggestions from people that it might be various parts of the suspension but it has just started this past spring and seems to be getting worse. The struts and springs seem to be working ok, no excessive movement in the car when a bump is encountered. And lately it has been squeaking when I get out of the car. That alone to me would suggest springs but as I said they seem to be stiff enough. Any suggestions or ideas would be most welcome.
wpgjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2008, 08:34   #2 (permalink)
canuck

Re: Squeaking sound coming from??

As the car is going on 8 years old, the squeak is probably suspension bushings. Depending on the type, they'll get hard and start to crack and rub, causing the squeak sound. If you're still running original shocks & struts and have driven the car over 65K, it'll be more than worthwhile to replace them.
'99 Taurus 3.0L 2V Vulcan 145hp; 154,300m - Traded
Amsoil in all vehicles!
360ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 20:13   #3 (permalink)

Re: Squeaking sound coming from??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360ci View Post
As the car is going on 8 years old, the squeak is probably suspension bushings. Depending on the type, they'll get hard and start to crack and rub, causing the squeak sound. If you're still running original shocks & struts and have driven the car over 65K, it'll be more than worthwhile to replace them.
I was thinking the same thing since they are the original shocks & struts. Don't seem to have excessive bounce when I go over uneven surfaces but it does squeak every time. Guess it's time I had them replaced. Thanks for you input. Much appreciated.
wpgjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum