Vibrating & VIOLENTLY shaking of my 2001 Ford Focus SE. Please help! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Focus Forum Forum for the discussion of the Ford Focus

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2009, 10:20   #1 (permalink)

Arrow Vibrating & VIOLENTLY shaking of my 2001 Ford Focus SE. Please help!

<hr style="color: rgb(153, 153, 153);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> <!-- google_ad_section_start -->Hi. I have had my Ford Focus for about a year and a few months now. It has always shaken a little bit, but here lately it has recently gotten a lot worse. It shakes violently and sometimes feels like it wants to loose power. It Vibrates too. It also shakes when I drive it and when its idling, and only stops after it has been running for a good while but always does it again when i recrank it. It has about 161,000 miles on it maybe more, don't know an estimate on it right now without looking at it. I am a college student and need a dependable vehicle, it was okay when I first got it, but lately it has me scared to drive it cause i don't know what is wrong. I have taken it to several places to get it fixed, and everyone just tells me its common for 4 cylinders to shake. It also seems to have one spark plug loose, but everyone claims that they cant fix it, its not that big of a problem. My boyfriend knows a lot about cars, and thinks it may be the engine mounts or misfiring. He also said something about one of my cylinders going out, so i may just have a 3 cylinder instead of a 4 and that's why the loosing of power started recently. It hasn't always done that, but it has always shook and vibrated. I have also been told that the loosing of power may have something to do with the alternator. I am a girl, and I have no knowledge of anything about cars, except how to drive one. I just really would like to know if anyone could help me. Thank you very much. It has had me really frustrated lately.
milly09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2009, 14:54   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: Vibrating & VIOLENTLY shaking of my 2001 Ford Focus SE. Please help!

Has he tried the things I mentioned in the other forum?
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 18:31   #3 (permalink)

No, I haven't saw him this week yet, but I should see him tomorrow so I will mention it to him. Thanks again for the help
Old 09-15-2009, 20:34   #4 (permalink)

go on to focusfanatics.com and post it on there cuase there are a lot of things this could be and the people really know these little cars
o2zx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 00:24   #5 (permalink)

Thank you so much! Focusfanatics.com is a GREAT forum. I have been told several things. Thanks to both of you also. My Boyfriend did a compression test. It is a bad cylinder. His friend has a Duratec engine he is wanting to sell. My Boyfriend wants to swap my zetec and put the duratec in the car. Would that help the car and solve this problem? Or do you think it is Transmission related? Or both?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum