Ford Forums banner

What's the C305 like to drive?

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Zetec 
#1 ·
Anyone have any experiences to share about Focus II?

#5 ·
No it was yesterday :)

Won't write an article on it, it's not my place, but being a pre-production unit it was pretty damn good. I won't comment simply because it's not fair until a final production ready and customer built vehicle can be tested. Enough to say that it was very good, handling was first rate, it's not that much heavier, is much more refined, brakes are great, Tim gets his beloved Duratec (which has some seriously big pulling power and sensational lowdown to midrange torque), the engine is smooth and revs very cleanly all the way to redline, gearbox is precise, clutch is light to medium, it feel like a quicker car than the current Zetec having put 50,000km in a current model. It is much torquier in feel, whereas the current model seems to rely less on torque and more on top end power. But that might just be my exhaust-liberated top end. Wait for the final model before we really evaluate it in the magazines, I'll be keen to read, but I was very very impressed. And the fuel economy is unbelievable. MORE power, BIGGER car, LESS fuel!!! Jackpot.

*This is my personal opinion and in no way a reflection of the company opinion or the final production model.

#6 ·
Zetec said:
No it was yesterday :)
Good I cant wait to get a drive in one!

Zetec said:
Tim gets his beloved Duratec (which has some seriously big pulling power and sensational lowdown to midrange torque)
Is that the TDi or just a Hi torque Petrol? (They call the TDi's all sorts of different names!)

Zetec said:
MORE power, BIGGER car, LESS fuel!!! Jackpot.
That just about sells me... All I want is some serious legroom, And I am happy :) Thew new Zetec model looks fantastic on the site....!!

Thank you for letting us know something about the the new one :)

#7 ·
Hi torque petrol I believe, there is no Diesel in the line up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.