who bought ther focus zetec new - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Focus Forum Forum for the discussion of the Ford Focus

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2005, 23:30   #1 (permalink)

who bought ther focus zetec new

who bought one new go for around 30k?

lol im thinkin whether il buy a new one when it comes out ot not

bought my zetec 02 with 13k for 21thousand wit 3 years warranty

30k new is falcon territory
freddykingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2005, 04:44   #2 (permalink)

Re: who bought ther focus zetec new

Hi,

Just picked up an Aug 2003 Focus this week - 36kms, 18 months factory warranty, logbooks, $17K.

Sounds like a good price to me - but I'm sure there will be some good deals on runout Focus models. The current offer of bodykit, 17s, etc on the Zetec is pretty good too.

MK
Mick K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 10:14   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddykingston
who bought one new go for around 30k?

lol im thinkin whether il buy a new one when it comes out ot not

bought my zetec 02 with 13k for 21thousand wit 3 years warranty

30k new is falcon territory
YES, but you have a much cooler car than a Falcon. Falcon is an average Joe sixpack mobile with dreadful fuel economy. They look very silly after seeing what the Europeans drive. I would very much like to get a Focus. My brake mechanic told me he sees them with 30,000Km and they need $700-800 worth of work done to the brakes because the parts are so expensive, what is he talking about. Some dicky things I dont like are: The lock on the fuel cap (WHY!!the inconvenience of it!) The lock on the bonnet (???) and the bloody blinkers where the wipers should be. I am hoping to rent one when I go away in a couple of weeks, hopefully one will be available from Europcar this time.
Old 01-14-2005, 16:51   #4 (permalink)
It goes like a Zetec!

Hello,

I bought my '02 Zetec with 1,500km's on it for $26k with VDC and body kit in early '03. It does cost a bit to get the brakes done. Sarah got hers replaced at 30,000. Although the RACV said it wasn't her fault that they needed replacing. Something about uneven/abnormal wear. So the Ford dealer is going to look into it by having the car for 3 days after massive complaining. She had a bill of $690 to replace the brakes and discs and the caliper was replaced under warranty. Her front passenger brake and disc were the only things that needed replacing of which were worn to the metal. Now we just need to get the automatic transmission to stop clunking, the car to start when you turn the ignition and fuel gauge to work.

Those CL hubcaps cost about $175 each according to the Ford dealer if thats an indication about pricing.

I love my Focus but I don't love Sarah's that much.

Ken
KJGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 17:40   #5 (permalink)

Gees. On my old Ford XC I had disk brake rotors with Metal King pads (supposed to cause wear) I had them on the car for 8 years and over 150,000Km. Only removed them to fit cross drilled and slotted rotors for looks and there was less then 1mm of wear on all rotors. AND this beast weighs nearly TWO tonnes! To wear a disk out on a small car in 30,000 is pathetic! My Pulsar SSS has 175,000Km on the clock and I have replaced the pads ONCE in 3 years (50,000Km) I have had it and didnt even need disks machining.
Old 01-14-2005, 21:57   #6 (permalink)
Corner Hugger

Oh bugger, I've had some serious vibration in my brakes under hard stops and I know the pads are worn, I'm booked in for my 45,000km service on Tuesday... doesn't look good if I need new discs, was hoping it was just the front pads.. DAMMIT!!! Never heard anything before about brakes though. Will have to keep you all posted about it. The Zetec brakes are very decent for what they are though, I've loved them, nice and bitey.

As for the Fuel lock, I love it. Why is there any reason to complain? You're going to go there anyway and open it with your hand, the lock is just an extra security to either stop anyone stealing your fuel or worse still, pouring sugar or some crap in there.

The engine lock is fine too, I've had mates lose batteries through theft from Corollas etc, I can't complain at all. Only time it's ever a hassle is when you need to pop the bonnet to start her up and check her out routinely, so I just open first and then start it, no drama, not like I use it everyday!!

Indicators on the left are a standard Euro thing, as a salesperson I drove Falcon/Territory and then Focus/Fiesta on and off all day and in 6 months got confused only twice. It's not exactly hard to remember and I can find better things to complain about than a stupid indicator stalk... no offence!!

As for my car, I bought a 3 door manual 2002 Zetec with VDC for $27k driveaway in Feb 2003, it's just on 2 ears old now, going in for a 45,000km service. Loved every minute, no major dramas, couple of minor ones but has been cheap to run and a dream to own. It got a midlife modification with the air filter, exhaust and springs between the 15,000 and 30,000km services and loves it.

European Ford Owners Club - Southern Region President

Zetec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 00:28   #7 (permalink)

The fuel lock is a primitive, backwards step in the days of reliable cable or electric releases. Its an inconvenience to have to fumble for a key. This stupid idea was first seen here on the ulgy Taurus, which was noted for have remote, electric everything! As for the $175 hub caps! I had to replace one on my SSS recently. Cost me $20 including GST for 7 inch centre cap for alloy wheel.
Old 01-17-2005, 00:30   #8 (permalink)

I bought a dec 2002 ford focus zetec with 29k's on it, 17's, kit, the lot apart from EBD, for 18000!
pom13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 13:18   #9 (permalink)
Corner Hugger

You'll have EBD (Electronic Brakeforce Distribution) which shares the braking load with the ABS system... what you probably mean is VDC AdvanceTrac, the Stability and Traction control System, which I optioned on mine and comes standard on the ST170.

European Ford Owners Club - Southern Region President

Zetec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 14:28   #10 (permalink)

Is the VDC any good? I guess it would be like an electronic version the Limited Slip diff on my Pulsar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum