Will th EEC V ever get an edit? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Focus Forum Forum for the discussion of the Ford Focus

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2004, 02:23   #1 (permalink)
BOFH

Will th EEC V ever get an edit?

I'm curious, as many know I have been looking into the unichip and xede products for my VCT to try and get the low rev power back up to scratch (thanks Ford for hobbling the VCT ECU ). Of course, after doing a bit of reading around I am now curious, will the EEC V ever be cracked, and if so, when?

I have heard rumours of it but it has been an awefully quiet area. Thing is, if it is cracked, what advantages would it have over piggyback chips anyhow?

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2004, 02:32   #2 (permalink)
known as tibbo

Re: Will th EEC V ever get an edit?

i think this is the problem.. what $$$ rewards would there be over the Tweecer and piggybacks.
RaceCraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 07:07   #3 (permalink)
Looking in YOUR bathroom.

tweecer is an EEC edit. you just need the bin files from your ECU to workout how to edit it. Seing its a us prog, ausie BIN files are scarce hence support for ausie EECV's is thin on the ground.

Ill take it as a complement i think.............
Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 15:00   #4 (permalink)
BOFH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw
tweecer is an EEC edit. you just need the bin files from your ECU to workout how to edit it. Seing its a us prog, ausie BIN files are scarce hence support for ausie EECV's is thin on the ground.
I suppose I should rephrase my question because you are correct that tweecers are a form of edit anyhow.

Will the EEC V have an edit where all the required bin files are avaliable and can be performed by the ususal tuning shops as a saleable package?

Old 06-27-2004, 19:40   #5 (permalink)
Frantic Ford Fanatic

Battens performance are working on an edit

Old car = AU Futura, Galaxy blue, IRS, 16" mags, DBA Slotted rotors. Pity to see it go, very good, under- rated car, RIP
ricthewheelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 20:06   #6 (permalink)
BOFH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricthewheelie
Yes, I have heard this directly from Battens as well however, my curiosity is, will it be a true crack similar to the LS1 edit or is it something different.
I will say that I have heard of another place doing something similar as well. So the big question is, what EXACTLY can/will the edit do and will it be saleable (due to Ford ownership of the programme) and will it readily avaliable?

Old 06-27-2004, 23:30   #7 (permalink)
aps

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricthewheelie
No that's not correct information, an American based company is working on a Ford PCM program.

Peter

APS
aps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 08:58   #8 (permalink)
BattensPerformanceTuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by aps
No that's not correct information, an American based company is working on a Ford PCM program.

Peter

APS
What do you know of our business with the U.S.A. Peter, apart from second hand imformation that you obtain.

We have had involvement with the Australian side of things since this time one year ago almost.

Yes, the U.S. has the tech and ability to develop and manufacture a product that we would love to deliver to the Australian public without monopoly and fair pricing for everyone to enjoy.

I find it amuzing that every thread that is remotely directed at us and PCM tuning that you speak on our behalf or discredit. I do not stess the point on these forums that the universal chip was developed in South Africa.
Also known as edxr8ebgt, BA GT #16, Blueprint, Premium Sound, Leather.
GT-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 00:27   #9 (permalink)
aps

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-P
What do you know of our business with the U.S.A. Peter, apart from second hand imformation that you obtain.

We have had involvement with the Australian side of things since this time one year ago almost.

Yes, the U.S. has the tech and ability to develop and manufacture a product that we would love to deliver to the Australian public without monopoly and fair pricing for everyone to enjoy.

I find it amuzing that every thread that is remotely directed at us and PCM tuning that you speak on our behalf or discredit. I do not stess the point on these forums that the universal chip was developed in South Africa.
Hi Barry, My information is first hand and I am only providing information to assist forum members.............so they are not mislead.............and so that they know what is fact and what is fiction..........not having a shot at you or PCM tuning.

Regards

Peter

Reagards
aps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 01:16   #10 (permalink)
BattensPerformanceTuning

No problem, I was a bit concerned about motive thats all.
It should be an exciting time for all BA owners when the product is delivered with exciting new prospects.
I am looking forward to the U.S. vist next month.

Regards,

Barry.
Also known as edxr8ebgt, BA GT #16, Blueprint, Premium Sound, Leather.
GT-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum