Zetec respray - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Focus Forum Forum for the discussion of the Ford Focus

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2004, 05:16   #1 (permalink)
Corner Hugger

Zetec respray

Hey all,

Well after a nice day's doing good for all by spending my cash on them for christmas and carting all their presents back to my place for wrapping, I had this wonderful reminder that life ain't always perfect. Some dumb tradie decided not to fix his tin of white paint properly on the back of his ute or something like that.... so I happened to drive through the wet paint about a minute or two after he had passed and got home to find this... let's just say a few tears, some hard sweat, every profanity known in the english, french and japanese language (and then some), half a bottle of turps diluted in warm water, a 3M sponge or five and about 5 bucks worth of soap suds and water to finish it all off.... it's still not right, but by crikey if I catch the bastard...

Took the pics at home, the crap on the ground is half of Sydney's water supply mixed with turps and 1% of the paint, my sweat and tears. Sometimes it sucks to be anal about my car, although I think judging by just how much paint there is, even a Grandma would be reduced to tears. I deadset nearly cried I was that emotional, I didn't know what to do. I now have to spend a full day buffing, polishing and waxing my car again to both remove the remainder of tiny paint specks that had already dried in the 3 minutes it took for me to get home and then the give the lower doors some shine back after my turps removed my teflon and wax coats. Thank god for teflon protection though...

As for the guards... let's just say I might be heading down to Ford to find part numbers.

http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/b...Spray%20paint/

European Ford Owners Club - Southern Region President

Zetec is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2004, 21:52   #2 (permalink)
It goes like a Zetec!

Re: Zetec respray

Dear Zetec,

Sarah (the minister for defence) works in the R&D Labs at PPG (who in Germany do the paint on the Focus). If you do have problems I can get her to talk to the automotive guys who have been helpful with my bird shit stains on my Zetec.

Ken
KJGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 22:03   #3 (permalink)

oh dear.
lincolnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 22:24   #4 (permalink)

damn.. that would be very very annoying.. how is the shoulder after all that repolishing?

i recently saw a vr commodore with a blue green flip paint job (yes, finally one without that horrid gold flip). got me thinking. but then again my blue flame is a rare color now anyway
Oz Focus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 23:42   #5 (permalink)
Fully Sick Magna Driver

That is nuts man, Id be spewin if somethin like that happened to my car. Good luck gettin all of it off!
rob_o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 04:04   #6 (permalink)
ST170ish

**** thats sad...
It may be your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
ST170ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 04:13   #7 (permalink)
BA FALCON XR6™

Thats f*($*%*!!!

My new XR was damaged by the dealer and they buffed the front guard to fix it and im so ****ing annoyed i hate the car, i could only imagine what yoru going through mate...

As a bloke said to me last week, you cant have anything nice in life mate because some other c*$$ will only go and f*$% it up on you.
FPV TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 06:06   #8 (permalink)
Corner Hugger

Ken, thanks for that mate, I might just PM you on that if I have any issues... will see how the polish goes.

Thanks for the concern all, It doesn't look too bad now, I am yet to polish it (will get around to it soon) but it's looking much better now which is good. Still a biatch but hey, you get that!! Merry Christmas everybody!!!

European Ford Owners Club - Southern Region President

Zetec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 16:10   #9 (permalink)

Sorry to hear that matt. But these loose things do happen often on our roads. Like once when i was coming off the freeway (the same place my car other was written off) i came across a van whose ladder had fallen off and smacked into a car behind him. If i had come off the freeway literally 2 seconds later it would have smacked right into my car and i wouldnt have been a happy camper.
I would have to say, i could have also had a nasty experience like yourself. On the way from work, my gf was with me when i saw paint on the road. I didnt know if it was dry or not, but it was a 2 lane road so i quickly switched lanes to avoid it and my gf was like pffffft, u love car more than me now ra ra ra lol, but now ill show her! I have to show her what could have possibly been!
chevaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 21:27   #10 (permalink)

spewing big time......good luck on the clean and polish job.

www.eurofordclub.com
www.wrc.com
www.greatsouthernsuper.com.au
whippet_zetec is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Focus Forum