Air intake plate / A must for all AuXR's - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Showroom
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2003, 02:16   #1 (permalink)

Thumbs up Air intake plate / A must for all AuXR's

A few months ago xr8sam posted info on a Air in Take Plate for AuXR8's. This plate sits under the intake and follows down behind the front grill to capture more air(see jamiexr6 site).
On the weekend i made a similar plate just like that and what a difference it has made(believe me i wouldn't be posting this if i thought it was BULL).
I PERSONALLY recommend all XR8 owners to follow suit.
The car is now very responsive more than ever and has a huge kickback hit once you push down the pedal between 0 - 60km in adaptive mode(haven't tried it yet on performance as the diff may fall off).
To Mr XR8Sam Thankyou.
ftrau8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2003, 02:28   #2 (permalink)
Ford Member

Got a web address? might try and adapt to an EB if I can.
Chris Nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 02:43   #3 (permalink)

Try Jamiexr6 site (member of FordForum)
Old 01-29-2003, 17:01   #4 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

ftrau8,

That's good news, I'm glad you are happy with the results. It's a simple mod that I would have never have thought if it wasn't for XR8Sam advertising them.

These are part of SS Induction's cold air intake kit that retails for around $350 with a larger intake snorkle.

Combined with the T -series intake, XR8Sam's idea saves you $310.

There are pics on the mods page of my website.
Old 01-29-2003, 17:14   #5 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Yes i too have got this intake plate on mine, though i've done a fair few other changes to the intake.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 21:02   #6 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

Sorry guys, I saw Strider's setup and couldn't help noticing it reduces the cross sectional area between the bonnet underside skin and the radiator support panel by a significant amount. The idea is good, however I seriously wonder whether it achieves what it seems......

(AP the skeptic again.,......)

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 03:01   #7 (permalink)

Aussie pete
It cost me 50cents for a improved performance that i noticed immediately.
It cost me $890.00 for a powerchip that i haven't felt anything at all.
Old 01-30-2003, 06:15   #8 (permalink)
Dreamer

Everyone knows powerchip's are not worth pocking with a 10 foot pole. How can a pre-programmed chip suit your vehicle? Even if they do know what mods are done to your car, not all cars behave the same, not all are run in the same, and some turn out to be real lemons.

The only way to tune a vehicle is to have it on the dyno and tune it in real time.
South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 00:46   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Aussie Pete
Sorry guys, I saw Strider's setup and couldn't help noticing it reduces the cross sectional area between the bonnet underside skin and the radiator support panel by a significant amount. The idea is good, however I seriously wonder whether it achieves what it seems......

Is it possible that the extra air diverted to the snorkel compensates for the reduced cross sectional area? Being a sceptic myself I figured the only way to tell if it makes a difference was to make one and try it. I based mine on the photo on jamies website. I'll go play in the hills tomorrow to see if I can notice a difference.
Old 02-02-2003, 01:20   #10 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Quote:
Originally posted by Aussie Pete

Yeah i do realise that the setup reduces the area of air where you mentioned. I've already got plans to re-engineer the plate to fix that very problem. That and along with further modifications to the rest of the intake system should make it abit better.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Showroom