All Australian built cars are way too slow. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Showroom
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2004, 04:57   #1 (permalink)
jjj

biggrin All Australian built cars are way too slow.

I was at the drags the other night for test and tune and I have finally realised that without forced induction or japanese engineering. Australian built cars are all buckets of crap. To make the matter worse I nearly got into a fight with some drop kick because i told him he wasted $45000 on an SS commodore when my mates $12000 Nissan 180sx blitz him down the quarter by about 3 car lengths.

And to make the night more funny a bloke pulled up in a street registered 1973 RA -23 Toyota Celica with factory rust in the doors and blue faded paint on the roof and he absolutely hammered a BA XR6 Ford Turbo by about 6 car lengths. It was running an sr20 DET nissan engine on some serious boost and his best time was 12.1sec down the quarter.

By this time i was just laughing to myself that you don't need to spend 40grand to have a fast car. Just spend 15grand and by an imported nissan skyline, turn the boost up and by by falcons and commodores.

And if you put these imports on a race track against holdens or falcons they would kick arse even more. Just my thoughts.

Most people on these forums love their falcons way to much and will just ..lol... But until you have driven a imported skyline and looked at the engine under the bonnet then pop the hood on the old falcon. Australian built cars are years and years behind in every aspect.

Go to a car yard and drive a 93 model skyline then drive a 93 model falcon or commodore. No wait that wouldn't even be fair, take a 2000 model falcon or commodore for a drive and compare them . The skyline will rock your socks off.................... and you will never look at a falcon or commodore ever again.

Cheers Luke.

1 Owner vehicle,
78000km's on the clock (12-1-05),
Showroom condition with all the fairmont goodies,
Metallic Silver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2004, 05:18   #2 (permalink)
jjj

Re: All Australian built cars are way too slow.

I didn't think anyone would comment on this thread because I am sooooooooooooo right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Luke

1 Owner vehicle,
Metallic Silver.
Old 09-19-2004, 05:18   #3 (permalink)
'90 EA-II Fairmont

what's your point exactly?
Rosewood EAII Fairmont 02/90. MPFI 3.9L (formerly CFI), 4spd BTR Auto. Skyline geared 3.45g open center 28 spline 4 pinion differential & axles. 2 1/2" Cat Back Exhaust. King Super Low Springs. Sound: Equalization and amplification by Clarion; Head unit by Sony, Front, Rears and Sub by Pioneer. Planned mods - t5, Extractors, Painting Grey Strips and new front and rear bar.
Old 09-19-2004, 05:22   #4 (permalink)
jjj

we are wasting money on trying to make australian built cars go fast and handle better when we can just buy an imported skyline and be happy for years with the performance and handling.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats my point dude...............

I use to be like everyone else on these threads and bag out imported skylines etc. Now i have driven 3 imported skylines and a 180sx and I have realised fords and holdens just don't even compare.

1 Owner vehicle,
Metallic Silver.
Old 09-19-2004, 05:31   #5 (permalink)
elghia looking like blue

who cares if we are all waisting our time and money, it is OUR time and money, not yours dude

i know i could get behind the wheel of a skyline or something similar and blow most things away but the fact is.......its not a falcon lol

Old 09-19-2004, 05:38   #6 (permalink)
jjj

good point dude, it's your money and you can do what you want with it? Just I am not so narrow minded about jap cars anymore. I just didn't realise they were soooooooooooo much fun to drive. They corner like there on rails and when the speed gets above 30km/hr the doors even self lock (cool ha).

Cheers Luke

1 Owner vehicle,
Metallic Silver.
Old 09-19-2004, 05:38   #7 (permalink)
Bring Back Jeff Kennet

pfff your a fool mate...if the car is so bad then why did you buy one?

I know our falcons can do alot more than those japanese cars..you need to get a life if you think all that matters is that your 180 sx can blow away a 4 door family sedan. What a waste of a thread.

As a matter of fact, japanese cars are crap! Lambo's and ferrari's are where its at! Because we all own cars that are worth more than alot of houses. Sook somewhere else buddy.

Advertised as $4000ono. Price is negiotable for a quick sale.
Old 09-19-2004, 05:43   #8 (permalink)

Yep, I've recently been in a few jap cars and I'm very impressed (performance wise). I was coming very close to converting.

But then think of this one. How much does a 1989 R32 cost compared to an EA from the same era ? You could dump the difference into the EA and have a very fast car.
Old 09-19-2004, 05:44   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Different cars for different cultures.

Who cares what we spend our money on? I'd rather spend my money on a Falcon because every second done up car I see is some boring import. Yippdeedoo, you cranked the boost up and fitted a front mount, that was a challenge hey?

Oh yeah, cheap insurance and lack of attention from the police is great too.

And I've had rides in pretty much most of the jap crap out there. They are fast and handle great, but are boring as f***.
Old 09-19-2004, 05:45   #10 (permalink)
jjj

Hey FoMoCo4evas I didn't call you names mate. I don't waste money on cars because they are money pits. I put all my money into real estate dude. The only aspect of the falcon i like is it is always something going wrong with it. But I like mechanics, so i enjoy fixing the old girl.

1 Owner vehicle,
Metallic Silver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Showroom