Ford Forums banner

All XF owners, post pics here....plz

94K views 878 replies 67 participants last post by  Chad_XF 
#1 ·
Can all XF owners plz post pics of there cars here (dont care if they are dungers or not), 4 me and all other XF owners 2 see...

#13 ·
Jaeger said:

Ooooooo is it a Project car is it
See my website down there ---v for more details :s6:

Chad_EA said:

what happend 2 the front? u going the cobra look?
It rolled into a tree and the headlights were donated to a mates XF. I was bored one day and had a can of blue paint lying around, so the XF got to wear some blue stripes!

Pearly said:
:rofl:

did you end up getting it started?
It will start and idle, just wont bloody rev!

#17 ·
Dude XF Fairmont Efi man here!!!!

Ill post some pics when my mate with digi cam comes over again!

Its sweet, EFI....the only XF. 12 slotters, real good ones, of a ZA Fairlane 302w my old man used to drive...

Just on XFs, have any of you guys got 2.5" exhaust setups? I wanna get some extractors as well....brands, price?

Any of you guys got any for sale?

BTW pearly, nice car mate. What you done to it? Why didnt you colour code the front grille? Or even get an XG or EA grille.. that looks the goods on an XF

#19 ·
Jaeger said:
Hey Thanatos, thats not a XF steering wheel is it??
Its off an EB isn't it?
Did you put it on?
Yer, it's an EB wheel. I put it on.

It's pretty easy - just take off the crappy old XF one (yuck!) along with the plastic boss behind it. Then just screw the plastic boss to the the back of the EB wheel (this enables your indicator returns to work) and bolt the wheel on!

Too easy!

Dave

#21 ·
subsligh35: Thanks buddy. I got the car just a little over a year ago. It was originaly a beige XF stock as all hell I used as a daily driver while I searched for an EF. When I bought my EF, I put the car in the garage, striped it, sprayed it myself (black with blue pearl which I will be doing again this summer), changed the interior (seats) to Fairlane interior (but I want LTD so I'm still looking). I lowered it using all Pedders shocks and springs (but I've just recently bought Koni adjustables). I originaly had big fat 12 slotters on it, then put the FTR replica wheels from the EF. I don't have much time now to work on it as it's the only car I have after I got hit in the EF and it was written off. I've changed the door handles to chrome ones and lots of other little things like barrel locks, etc. I'm not into car audio so I just run a cheapo CD player through the stock 2 front speakers. I've just replaced the air filter cover with a chrome one so I put the scoop on there to get some fresh air into it. I have electric mirrors from a Fairmont, and I've got a power window on the driverside(I've been to lazy to do the other side).
I don't want an XG or EA grille. I will be sending the original one over to NSW when I paint the car again to be chromed. I like chromed grilles and I happen to like the original one.

The original plans for the XF while I was driving the EF where to drop in a 351 with a 4 speed top loader, but finding a trustworthy engineer who won't stuff around with you is easier said than done. Then I had the accident and I had to use the car. So time will tell if I do go ahead with the V8 conversion or I just buy an XD/E and transplant the facia from the XF. I'll wait to see what happens, that's why I haven't done much to the I6 at this stage, I haven't even bothered with extractors or exhaust.

#22 ·
#24 ·
I think those wheels look mad!! some very nice cars above.

I dont have photos of my XF yet but its yellow it has the XE style s pac stickers down the side. Tinted windows old school mags, not sure what type. 215 tyres on them. Soon to be lowered.
1 small rust spot the size of a 5 cent coin.
All for $700.
I bought it cos my ED was written off : (

Now for the questions.
I want to put in a fairmont interior to replace my yucky brown one. If i get a wrecked fairmont will everything be a straight swap over?? Including all electrical things like dash and interior lights??

Does an EA grill fit straight onto the XF with no hassles??
Does anyone have 2 subs in their boot of their XF, XE etc? How did you deal with those metal things that go across the width of the car to hold the boot up?

Sorry for the long post

Dan

#25 ·
Ford Fanatic said:
BTW XF Falcon, what digi camera have you got?
Its a mates one, Kodak EasyShare CX4230. Those pics have been reduced to 50% in size and a sharpen filter applied, so they look pretty sharp.

Originally posted by DansEdgli
I think those wheels look mad!! some very nice cars above.

... Now for the questions.
Does an EA grill fit straight onto the XF with no hassles??
ta man.

Im not sure about the rest of your questions, but as for the grille question.. the EA and XG Ute grille look the same dont they?.
You will find that an XG Ute grille has identical mounting points to the standard XF one, so its just a matter of popping the hood, taking off the 6 or so bolts and slapping on the new one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.