Ford Forums banner

Attention: Stolen Car

4K views 44 replies 27 participants last post by  mad_ea_spac 
#1 ·
yep my car was stolen last night

was stolen from Mt Gravatt, Garden City shopping centre sometime between 10.25 and 12.45 last night (friday night). Bastards took it all, including 30 CDs, my school text books etc etc. ****en lowlife scum!

Rego is 477FWW, silver slate 1990 EA Falcon series 2. 4spd auto. Had black mags with a chrome ring around the outside. Big REAL MEN SMOKE RUBBER sticker across back window, blue writing. It'll attract some attention driving around due to extractors and exhaust.......and i only just got them a coupla weeks ago!

Its insured for market value, lucky stereo is covered, but im back to scratch with mods.....am without a car for at least 28days.......im doubting it will get recovered, had lots of good parts in it. Damn

Am already thinking about ED XR6, EB Fairmont Ghia, EA spack 5 speed, or maybe EF....we'll see what the insurance company comes up with i spose.

And if i ever catch the guy/s that did it, i can confindently say their testicles will become MY personal property......

See less See more
#4 ·
Noooo...!!! I can't believe what I'm reading. This sucks when it happens to anyone, but to hear about a car getting stolen that has been in the club since day one it's just wrong.

Best of luck with it mate. I honestly don't know what else to say, I'm so sorry to hear it.

Ash

#6 ·
Bad luck SikEA.

I think i'll clean my garage out and put my car in there from now on, can't trust anyone these days. Real bummer.

Be sure to let us know how it goes.

Sundeep

#9 ·
Sorry to hear it mate, it must suck big time getting your car stolen.

Was it your first car? If it was, damn..

All those CD's, and text books, geez that'll cost you a fortune to get back, well the textbooks anyway, I can't imagine you'd buy every single CD again.

NZ, i'm really complacent about my EA too, I just leave it out on the street at night, with my H/U still connected with about $2000 worth of car audio just sitting in there too, with my CD's and everything. I know I should be more vigilant, and I will be now, no doubt.

What kind of stereo did you have in your EA sikEA?

Dave

#10 ·
arrrrhhh

Bloody hell

thats shit house hey, i gues its a minor blessing , since you were thinken of offing it any ways, shame about personal stuff thats were the real worrie is..

some time ago the my Falcon with fairmont bages was taken from my mate whorm use to own it. It was taken at a shopping center too, got me stuffed why it was not just put on the scap heap then , but the insurance guys insisted it would have to be fixed,

new dash facer where cd play was .
new cd player
new ingnition lock and keys
new under dash stuff and wiring
new door lock and door barrel and repair and paint drivers door.
new tyres and alloy wheels as all Four where flogged .
repairs to sill panels as they did not leave it on stands, and odds and ends as the towie was not nice about dragging it about.

got me stuffed , market value was well and truly doubled on repairs .

Not foggeting the Auto box dropped out on to te road a month after it was put back on the road after repairs were done.

No way that was part and parcel the insurance company says , remeber its an old car.

hey what do you do .

tuff going , chine up and put a kill swich in the next one.

tim

#12 ·
Thanks guys

yer it had a fuel pump cut off switch on it.....but obviously wasnt hidden well enough! And i had decided to keep it, was due for paint in august.

Insurance reckon 28days till they pay up, and its only market value......wonder what i'll get??? I got comprehensive, so that takes care of all my possesions and shit, but man, what a hassle!

Stereo consisted of blaupunkt h/u, JVC 4in splits, 6 x 9 JBL rears, alpine 10in sub with a 4 x 100 blaupunkt amp.....all was insured, bar the sub and amp. Extractors and exhaust were also uninsured.

But dont worry, will get into another E series soon, if i get it back i want it to be fairly complete and not damaged, getting it fixed if its rooted is a lot of hassle and wouldnt be the same.......

#13 ·
mate that is not good news.

i have never had my car stolen but i have found someone in a car of mine...i wasn't happy...to cut a long story short i slamed the door on his legs (he was in the rear of the car and didn't see me coming) and made him walk down to the cop shop bleeding. i bet it wasn't him. he begged me not to turn him in!!!

ben

#14 ·
never worth it man if they get the car back have it written off and get the cash.
Stolen cars are rooted. If you don't have issues now you would later.
They make you wait 28 days incase the car turns up as 99% cars are found with in 7 days.
I know exactly how you feel buddy. Look forward to being paranoid about your car now for ages. My car was stolen late last year and I still run out in my lunch break to check it's still there.
For god sake next car get a wicked assed alarm with 3 point immobilisation.

#15 ·
Holy f#ck garth!! Did this happen after work?!?!?! Thats gotta piss you off big time! I thought u had an alarm system on it! I really hope for your sake that it is found OK coz im afraid to say that when it comes to insurance, EA's pay very little. I cant believe some bastards hey >:/
IF your stuck, you can have my EA wagon (cant have the T5 tho) untill u can get another car. Hope its recovered mate.

Brent

#16 ·
Yer went to Diceys after work.
Thanks for the offer on the EA, but i dont think its going to go too good without a gearbox hahaha. I *should* be alright, with school, getting to work might be a problem though cos of Dads hours.....but we'll see. What you reckon Market Value on a EA is anyway? its a 1990 model

#17 ·
Shit hey... Garbo city hasnt got a good rep when it comes to theives in the car park. I remember when my TX5 was stolen, i couldnt sleep and got sick in the guts. Whatever happens, make sure u get a security system installed! EA S pak, id say insurance would estimate market value at $2,500-$3000?

Brent

#18 ·
check out redbook.com but it really depends on the who the car was insured with...they all have different ideas about what a car is worth.

have a look on your policy...some where on there it should give you an idea on where to look to find the market price.

again sorry to hear mate.

ben

#20 ·
from redbook:

1990 FORD FALCON
EA II Sedan S 4dr Auto 4sp 3.9i (MP)

trade in price guide* $1,100 - $1,900
national average price - private sale* $1,800 - $3,600
price when new (RRP) $29,009

Im not going to get anything near decent for 3500 bucks. And thats best case scenario!

G
#21 ·
Bad luck there. I've only ever had a couple of push bikes stolen in my time which cant really compare.

I just bought a EA Fairmonth Ghia and the insurance company said the market value was like $7000. Seems a bit too high if u ask me.

#24 ·
My 88 EA GL is insured for market value and with the $700 worth of insured stereo gear, I'd get $3500.

I dunno If this gives any indication.

#25 ·
Ea's must be the easiest thing to steel, serously, a 2 year old with the right information could do it. and sadly, you can never stop it.. if somone wants it they will take it... and personaly, i reckon the theifs deserve alot more then the usual slap on the rist's!, i rackon a couple of slit rists should slow the situation down. just wait, it'll be little kids and they get off with nothing, and you'll be left with nothing! it's always the case.

i'm just waiting for it to happen to me, good luck with it all, i hope you get more back for it then what i'm thinking you'll get!

G
#26 ·
There is a serious security flaw with the EA ignition barrels. Basically you pop the bonnet of the car, take the dipstick out of the transmission, stick it in the ignition barrel and you can turn the motor over like it's an original key. I believe they have to bust the steering lock as well before they can turn it.

This is why 30th Anniv EA's came with updated barrel, and if you've ever bought a tranny dipstick from Ford Spares recently, you'll see the end of it is no longer perfectly pointed shaped.

Don't think EA's are the worst for their era, the ignition barrels on the VN's are PLASTIC, so you can rip it straight out.

My advice is for all EA owners to either modify their tranny disptick, or change ignition barrels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.