Ford Forums banner

AU3 5.0 Ute with 18s

3K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  younggun 
#1 ·
The ute was supposed to be my stocko daily driver, but the mods have begun...
18x8" with 225/40ZR18 and
18x9" with 255/35ZR18 Falken ZIEX tyres.

See less See more
#4 ·
blueoval - I've just posted on the Photoshop section to see if I should go and inch or two, or go for airbags. We'll see how it looks...

Falkeen - good idea. I can't say that I've noticed how they look in the flesh. I might go and have a look at the Ford dealer. I'm sure he has a TS50 there at the moment. Is it a DIY deal with a bit of tint, or do you buy the complete light assemblies?

#7 ·
Falkeen - thanks for the info. I went to your website to have a better look at your car, and my computer settings must be screwed up. Your homepage loads up fine, but when I click enter it opens a smaller page (about 1/2 screen size), and it cannot be maximised... Has anyone else mentioned this, or is it jsut my stupid computer???

Fordy - the wheels are just cheapo no-name Jap imports!!! :) I hope they last longer than the first pothole, but we'll see... They're called Fussion wheels. http://www.capa.com.au/accessories_capa_wheels_passenger.htm list this brand, but I can't see my wheel there. The quality does actually seems very good. The chrome looks like it's applied well. As I said, we'll see how long they last.

#8 ·
Q777 said:
Falkeen - thanks for the info. I went to your website to have a better look at your car, and my computer settings must be screwed up. Your homepage loads up fine, but when I click enter it opens a smaller page (about 1/2 screen size), and it cannot be maximised... Has anyone else mentioned this, or is it jsut my stupid computer???
haha thats actually part of the design mate
some people must not like it im assuming?

#12 ·
looks sweet mate!! wish i had 18's damn it... if only i could afford the rubber...

#14 ·
Yeah, I'm pretty keen on getting bags. A couple of mates have done it to their Chevs, and it's nowhere near as expensive as it once was.

younggun - I'm bringing a container of car parts from the States soon. I'm going to throw a few spare sets of tyres for each of my cars in there. 285/35ZR18 tyres for $150 each. I've also found a few different sets of 20" wheel / tyre packages for a little over $1100US per set!!!!

#15 ·
Q777 said:
younggun - I'm bringing a container of car parts from the States soon. I'm going to throw a few spare sets of tyres for each of my cars in there. 285/35ZR18 tyres for $150 each. I've also found a few different sets of 20" wheel / tyre packages for a little over $1100US per set!!!!
They are unbelievable prices!! Do you have any idea how much it would cost to get a wheel package (4x18") sent from the States?

#17 ·
Shipping costs are high, and with duties/tax it would make it pretty expensive. www.discounttiredirect.com and www.tirerack.com are probably the two best places to buy from.

I bought the Yokohama tyres for my Cobra from TireRack, and they packaged them up nicely.

I have an email contact at Discount Tire that can give 10 to 20% further discount off their internet pricing...

I had organised a spare set of 18" wheels for my Cobra, and they quoted $139 each (list price $247 each!!!)

#18 ·
Q777 said:

damn!! what sorta tyres??! (feel like adding some in for me haha :s6: )

#19 ·
Falken GR Beta FK-451

Another place is selling 20x8.5" wheels for $189 and 275/45/20 Goodyear tyres for $145 !!!!

#20 ·
damn... i want some!! how do you get an entire container over here?! that must cost a fortune...

#21 ·
No - a 40 foot long container costs around $3000 USD. It's pretty easy to bring a few things over that you can sell quickly for a profit. I'm always thinking about car stuff, but it could be anything....

Ask around to see if anyone around you needs stuff. A race chassis shop around here needs about 150 metres of chrome moly tubing in 10 metre lengths. I got some pricing together, and I can get it into Australia for WAY less than his current purchase price.

Hey, it's all about opportunities to make a few dollars, and I effectively get my stuff into the country for free!!!

#22 ·
thats great mate, if you ever have some space left over, and feel like making some money off me, let me know ;)

#23 ·
I hope to have everything finalised in 7 or 8 weeks for this container. If you are interested, have a bit of look around at www.discounttiredirect.com I can get better prices than those listed on the website, and they offer free shipping to anywhere in the US. I just get them to drop the wheels / tyres to the shipping company at Longbeach, California.

www.kongwheels.com have seriously cheap 20" wheels. Their shop is about 15 minutes from a friend's house in Arizona, so he can just pick them up directly from the shop.

As for making money off you - I'd sell you the wheels and tyres for my cost price, but you just have to pay for your part of the shipping container the customs clearing agent. This might be about $150 total....

#24 ·
you have PM mate ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.