A finally scanned a few dodgy photos of the Cortina in progress. In particular the placement of the 2TGEU and the "work-in-progress" front bumpers/grille smoothing. The motor has been pulled again while we work at moving the firewall back a little and deleting the rust-trap heater bubble. I don't really have to move the firewall back, the motor fits with minor panel beating - the head is really wide - but as we're replacing the top half of the firewall (rust and the bubble), we figured "what the hey" and have started moving the whole lot back. I now know what the hey actually involves
. Oh well, It'll be much smoother and prettier when we've finished. I've also shown the filling of the C pillar vent. Dont be fooled by the bare bog in the photo - all the patch panels have been made from gal, which requires a bit of patience with the welder, but it should never rust again - cross fingers.
Oh, and yes, I know about the giggle of a brake line. It was a previous owners handiwork and its amazing how handy the curls have been to hold tools!
Anyway, a couple of photos.