DTM Racing mags on my T3 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Showroom
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2002, 03:41   #1 (permalink)

DTM Racing mags on my T3

I've just posted a couple of pics of my new wheels in the Members Photo Gallery.

Also a couple of updated interior shots - been playing with my new toy - Canon PowerShot A40.

Here's one...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new wheels.jpg (41.1 KB, 425 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2002, 05:27   #2 (permalink)
Finnaly back

aww she's so pretty! did you have some more pics?

1 of 10 Fords
Old 12-12-2002, 06:17   #3 (permalink)

great choice of wheels exactly what i origianly wanted for my eb ... but damn that stupid offset made me spent 3000 bucks on Simmons!!! what are your wheels worth??

1973 XB Coupe Fairmont 302, koni shocks, lovell super low fronts, extra leaf and reset leaf spings, dual exhaust, advance headers. Resprayed Vivid Blue Pearl. 17x8 & 17x10 inch FR Simmons.
Old 12-12-2002, 17:29   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by EB2Ghia
great choice of wheels exactly what i origianly wanted for my eb ... but damn that stupid offset made me spent 3000 bucks on Simmons!!! what are your wheels worth??
They were a bit under $500 each but you might find them cheaper some places - I was limited as I am in the bush.

The offset is 32mm - about 3mm less than std so they sit just marginally further out into the guards but you really can't see it.

Unfortunately they don't come in any other offset so are no go on earlier Fords.
Old 12-12-2002, 17:33   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Chad_EA
aww she's so pretty! did you have some more pics?
Did you check the ones in the Gallery? If you would like to see different angles or something just put your order in - I've got this new digi camera so can take shots and post them up straight away.....ain't technology marvellous?!!
Old 12-12-2002, 17:37   #6 (permalink)
17" is for 4cyc

Lookin nice T3 enjoy !!!!
Old 12-12-2002, 20:15   #7 (permalink)
removed as previously discussed!

Im goin to be really rude...

Those wheels make the car look absolutely horrible.. bad bad choice in wheels, the stocks look 50x better then those, please tell me you didnt pay more then $1500 for those otherwise you need a slap :) lol ..

yes.. very rude and negative comment.. but eek! ......
Old 12-12-2002, 23:31   #8 (permalink)

Actually fUSiON I'm not at all upset that YOU don't like them. You aren't being rude by voicing your opinion. I had reasons for wanting to change from the original Azzurros including:

1. They are an off the shelf wheel available for many different makes and models of vehicle - ie there is nothing unique about them to identify them as "belonging" to a TE50. Therefore the replacement of them with another off the shelf wheel is not detracting from the uniqueness of the vehicle.

2. The Azzurros are a total pain in the arse to keep clean - I was cleaning them so often that by 15,000km the paint had started to rub off the wheels in several places. I have in fact just picked them up after having them completely refurbished under warranty. BTW - many thanks to Ford for honouring the warranty on the wheels, as I myself, believed it should have been an ROH fix, as their quality is very poor in the case of these wheels. The DTMs are a breeze to clean and they are showing no signs at all of the paint deteriorating - a better quality wheel for sure.

3. I personally don't like spokes that go right to the rim of the wheel, and a very thin rim at that, at least not on a "big" car - the wheels look too light for the vehicle - they look OK on smaller vehicles. The DTMs look more solid both at the rim and through the spokes and I just think they look better on the T.

4. Have you felt the weight of an Azzurro? They are bloody heavy! The DTMs are considerably lighter which puts less load (wear and tear) on the suspension of the vehicle, and also improves wheel contact (grip and handling) on uneven surfaces.
Old 12-13-2002, 01:24   #9 (permalink)
removed as previously discussed!

I understand completely what you mean.

Personally i dont like them.. But everyone has their own choice.. i have the au2 xr rims on my ef (as seen on mattis site).

If your worried about brake dust and getting annoyed with it constantly dirtying up your wheels maybe get crossdrilled/slotted rotors, since having them on now my wheels hardly get dirty at all. (rears still do cuz just standard dba rotors for now)

Also dont use cheap pads, i got motocraft pads on the rear right now which were kindly donated by a friend since i had 2mm left on them so i cant complain, but jeebus! my rear wheels get so dirty from them its not funny! So dont run cheap pads :)

But one nice car you got goin there, you BASTARD! DIE! lol :)

Curious, do you have much problems with driveways etc with bottoming out? Your not lowered at all other then the stock ts50 height?

fuzion!
Old 12-13-2002, 15:31   #10 (permalink)

Mate - you have to look out for matches lying on the road !!!heheheh - the thing is std height but is way too low for the roads I drive - the kit will be coming off soon. I have been trying for months to find a suitable replacement - I have the front sorted and am about to do it and the rear also, but am having lots of trouble sourcing the Tickford side skirts as fitted to series 2 and 3 Fairmonts etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Showroom