Ford Forums banner

EF Fairmont Ghia

4K views 27 replies 13 participants last post by  mangrovejack 
#1 ·
I know that I'm not well known around here, but here's my car anyway.

It's just a 6 cylinder but I don't have any mods to it yet. I'm still deciding whether I should sell this and get a dark blue or dark green EL GLi or just spend some money on the exhaust etc.

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks for comments guys.

eb_5litre: Yeh they are CSA Force, I got them because they look the closest to the Speedline mags that they used on the Ford Predator (But not as expensive).

Ford Man: The car's got about 98000k on it (had 96000k when I bought it). I'm pretty happy with it, although the power seems to be a bit lower than what I expected (which is the reason for the exhaust upgrades possibly). Its got comfortable seats and the climate control is pretty nice (although any sort of air-conditioning is nice when your previous car didn't have any :) ).

#6 ·
Aussie Falcon said:
Nice looking car. It looks lowered also.

ps. you may want to edit out your number plate.
Yeh I got it lowered 1.5 inches by Fulcrum suspension.

haha, that's not my plate, I was going to blank it out, but I decided to just put the same number over each letter instead. :)

#7 ·
Yeah nice mate! :thumbup:

If you're after something a bit different, don't sell it!!! A Gli ain't worth the downgrade for a different colour in paint!! If you want to "spice it up" a bit, then try going aftermarket with the exhaust / headers. SHould give it a nice meaty note and give you some more herbs to play with :D

#10 ·
Nipper, the stereo is heaps better than the stock one, just need to replace the front speakers now. As for the the exhaust, I still haven't got one, I think it's better if I pay off the rest of the car first, so pretty much everything I earn is going to the finance company.

#14 ·
Yeah like what el2xr8 said, don't sell your Ghia for a poverty pack GLi cause of the colour. I say keep it, and looks beaut with the wheels.
Hmm how much did the wheels set ya back if you don't mind me askin, i'm assuming there 17's.

#17 ·
Hey I know that name!
mangrovejack's got the same wheels as I got on the ute...these are one of the few that comply to the load rating for ford utes(non 1 tonner and XR8's)
They are easy to clean eh mangrovejack!
$2350 is what I paid for them with Bridgestone 225/50 G/grid2's(bobjane's)
So what kind of fronts are you getting, splits or coaxial?

#18 ·
Yeh those CSA alloys are pretty tough wheels too (Let's just say I had a bit of a mishap at night and hit a non-too-soft item). I took them off the following day and there was nothing wrong them. Yeh they are very easy to clean, nice wide open spaces around the spokes.

The audio side is going good, I'm following the July Asylum tutorial on door pods and making some this weekend hopefully.

#20 ·
Nup, never done any fibreglassing or vinyling either. I guess there's a first for everything. Actually I probably have to ask at CAA, the only thingI'm not sure about is attaching it to the door frame without visible screws.

#22 ·
Re: Nice Car

EF_XR8_KID said:
All i have to say is Sweat Ghia - nice mags :)
Thanks, I appreciate it.

Originally posted by Rolfy72
$2350 is what I paid for them with Bridgestone 225/50 G/grid2's(bobjane's)
Yeh I paid a little more, but my tyres are Federal 235/45. (I've never heard of Federal before but I love the tread pattern - works really well in the wet as well).

So what kind of fronts are you getting, splits or coaxial?
I got a good deal on some phillips 6.5" - GTM-1750 splits. So I'm putting a pair into each door. (Before people start to get the wrong impression, I like quality music, not just the bass notes like some cars seem to do, which is why I've 2 pairs in each door, It balances the sound a little better IMO).

#23 ·
mangrovejack said:
Actually I probably have to ask at CAA, the only thingI'm not sure about is attaching it to the door frame without visible screws.
Usually there is 2-3 screws in the speaker hole and you'll see that a lot of pods(not all) have an insert panel(push fit usually perspex)too hide the screws along the length of the pod...there are many ways...use plugs to cover them, make the screws as a feature(allen key bolts look cool),some even give screwing them on from behind a try!(prick of a job!)or if u are cluey you can have a hook(slot and tounge)at the rearmost part of the pod and then screw in at the speaker hole...
Hope this helps ya!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.