el ex cop car - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Showroom
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2004, 03:40   #1 (permalink)
registered sex maniac

el ex cop car

ive got an el i6 ex cop car,and im interested in finding out wot mechanical differences there are between mine and a standard el falcon?ive got dual airbags,abs,opt.20 on the comp. plate,sports dash,and lowered and stiff in the suspension,these are the things i know about i just need the blanks filled
thanks.
ford freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2004, 04:20   #2 (permalink)
E-Series wagon owner

Re: el ex cop car

afik it has an enhanced engine < not sure though

Mods to come: 2.5'' lukey cat-back mandrel bent exhaust with 1 resonator and 1 straight thru muffler, EF cam, Clear indicatros all round, AU3 XR snorkel, 17" Keizzer rims, EDxr front,12"sub,sports wheel

In Progress: EF door trims

Pics Here: www.edwagon.tk
mad_ea_spac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 04:23   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

The engine is the same Tommi.

The dash cluster is different for sure. Don't know of any other differences, besides the fact it's most likely had the shit flogged through it.
psycho chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 04:28   #4 (permalink)
EFXR62

The dash has a special option that allows you to change the speedo configuration depending on the wheel sizes..

The speedo also goes up by 1 km increments and will have lines at ever 1km, so that when they were chasing, they gave accurate readings as to approx speeds, etc..

Would most likely have a 3.45 diff..
Old 06-04-2004, 05:26   #5 (permalink)
registered sex maniac

nah man it aint had the shit flogged out of it....well not till i got it lol.it is immaculate which shocked me and it went from the force to an older mechanic in town so it is looked after but ive never known the differences hence this thread,
thanks
Old 06-04-2004, 05:27   #6 (permalink)
registered sex maniac

so is that diff ratio a goodun and wot is the advantages of it(excuse my ignorance im pretty much a dippy bugger lol)
Old 06-04-2004, 05:42   #7 (permalink)
EFXR62

The higher ratio means that the car will accelerate harder.. The lsd means that it will spin both wheels, instead of one, making for better cornering and traction.

Did you notice the cluster, the speed dial, it has lots of marks? every 1km? Like, between 20 and 30km, it will have 10 notches? On standard clusters it will only have one notch every 5km's...
Old 06-04-2004, 05:51   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

The speedo is in 2km/h increments, not 1 Yagz

The cluster can also be adjusted to allow for diff and wheel upgrades. I think it can be altered by + or - 10%. These clusters are worth a pretty penny and are very rare, so don't go chucking it out for a standard or Fairmont one

Sundeep
Sundeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 06:09   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford freak
nah man it aint had the shit flogged out of it....well not till i got it lol.it is immaculate which shocked me and it went from the force to an older mechanic in town so it is looked after but ive never known the differences hence this thread,
thanks
It's a cop car mate, it's been flogged.

When my old man was a cop at a one man station in the country, he had his XF on the Calder doing 170 plus when he was on duty and had no calls. 'nuff said.
psycho chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 06:39   #10 (permalink)
Packed up and gone.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho chicken
It's a cop car mate, it's been flogged.

When my old man was a cop at a one man station in the country, he had his XF on the Calder doing 170 plus when he was on duty and had no calls. 'nuff said.
Come on Psycho, Play nicely, it's his new baby remember?

Mate, did you buy this car from Ringwood Car city? Because I saw an EL ex cop car there and I can Vouch for how bloody immaculate it was..... Awesome.....

If its not, then i'll look like a

cheers,
-The Child

You know who I am...
-Dan
XR6child is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Showroom