Elwood - nice cars - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Showroom
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2003, 01:26   #1 (permalink)
WHAT THE?

Elwood - nice cars

Since it's been bloody hot down here in Melbourne for the last week or two, I've been cruising down to Elwood beach a fair bit for a swim and to check out the cars. If you want a good place to cruise to of a night then it's not bad. Tuesday nite went off! The car park was full and most of the cars were modded. There was this white van there full of Kicker subs that was providing the tunes, while a heap of other cars were going spastic doing burnouts to keep the crowd entertained. The weird thing was that I didn't see a single cop car or undercover all night. The carpark didn't even close like it says on the signs...I was there until about 1:30 and it was still full!

Went down again last night but too early for all the cars....but when I was leaving this white ED with 17" AU2 wheels followed me out (clearly on purpose lol) and as I pulled out onto the esplanade he flew up next to me wanting to race. I dropped two gears and *just* pulled away but only by 1/2 a car then backed off cause speeding is a no no Was talking to him at the next lights and it was an auto (stock) with 4.11's and some engine work. Said it had about 160rwkw's!! Has anyone seen this guy around? It was a bloody nice looking car and had a sticker of the performance joint on the back window (didn't see what it was tho).
SPHELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2003, 02:30   #2 (permalink)
E-Series wagon owner

Re: Elwood - nice cars

why didn't you ask him to join the club?

Mods to come: 2.5'' lukey cat-back mandrel bent exhaust with 1 resonator and 1 straight thru muffler, EF cam, Clear indicatros all round, AU3 XR snorkel, 17" Keizzer rims, EDxr front,12"sub,sports wheel

In Progress: EF door trims

Pics Here: www.edwagon.tk
mad_ea_spac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 11:24   #3 (permalink)

i think a few of the fordforums cruises have started from Elwood too.
i aint been there but i think i should :D
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 15:30   #4 (permalink)
-

Its a great spot that got hit hard by the cops in the last few years, but they seem to be leaving it alone lately... good news for us :D

Jase
galapogos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 17:46   #5 (permalink)
NZ
feed me hey

I might cruise down there since its about 10 mins from where I stay.
Old 12-20-2003, 22:46   #6 (permalink)

hay sphell i no the guy your talking about lol You were telling me about him at my work that night. Ive talked to him on mirc b4 he clicked on me he was telling me he has about 160rwklw as well. might have to give him a run one day hhmmm
STOKEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 23:00   #7 (permalink)
WHAT THE?

hehe mate who knows what I was crapping on about last nite lol....I'd had a fair few beers
Old 12-21-2003, 19:38   #8 (permalink)

Hey ive just read ur post so i deceided to join the ford forums internet has been down lately but yhe. The sticker on the back of my car is preston automatics & differentials. The boys from there put the 4.11's in and there currently making me a shift kit. Ur car is really nice sphell, uve had an accident yhe is that why ur bonnet and front quarter panels are white???
LOLOL u werent beating me by half a car length!!! That nite i dragged 2 other cars a black vs ss commy which i beat by about 2-3 carlengths when i pulled up at the lights i said what happened mate?? and he goes my "power button wasnt on"!!!! watta toss lol then i go yhe six cylinder mate and i sped off embarrasing in front of his mates lololol The other car was a el xr8 manual which i suprisingly beat "just" and it wasnt stock either.
EDFPV-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 22:53   #9 (permalink)
WHAT THE?

ey dude, nah haven't had a stack, im respraying the car.......just doing the primer bit by bit till i go on holidays. It looks pretty dodgy at the moment. what u mean I wasn't in front of u LOL, seemed to me like ur bonnet was next to my passenger door Have to do a proper run sometime too risky along there man, cops everywhere. Hey so what have you done to the engine? And how much power has it got....fkn quickest auto I've ever seen man....top lookin car btw!
Old 12-21-2003, 23:42   #10 (permalink)

hey thanx man! well basically ive got a jmm dev5 kit put on my car along with 4.11's lsd although i opted for the jmm race series headers instead of the 'scavenger" ones also got a k&n pod filter but i left the standard snorkel there to guide air to it for now until i make my proper cold air intake system.
The dyno graph showed 160rwkws but i was hoping for a little more still cant compain though excellent top end power. bottom end is silightly more powerful than standard but not by much the cam kicks in at around 3800rpm sorta like boost lolol neway how much u rekon a manual conversion would cost?
EDFPV-6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Showroom