Ford Forums banner

FINALLY - got some pics up + some questions!

2K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  milzaman 
#1 ·
Sorry i havent been very active lately . . . been so busy with school, work, and recovering from weekends . . hahaha.

http://www.fordgallery.com/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=8394&thumb=1

Check out my gallery, i just got my rims the other day so it finally looks 'finished' cept for some lil details here n there.

Hopefully i'll b coming upto the Heathcote day . . depends on school really.

Oh yeh i got some questions . . maybe down the track i'll need another engine. I was wondering what engines (from later model fords) will fit nicely into my engine bay (non V8)? I was hoping the AU XR6 engine will fit in there, hehe . . or am i dreaming?

Also my mate was telling me its Illegal to have a pod filter . . is that true? Is there ways you can get around it?

Thnx for any feedback, i appreciate it ;)

Cheers!

See less See more
#3 ·
IN6-PWR said:
Oh yeh i got some questions . . maybe down the track i'll need another engine. I was wondering what engines (from later model fords) will fit nicely into my engine bay (non V8)? I was hoping the AU XR6 engine will fit in there, hehe . . or am i dreaming?
The AU 6 will fit, dunno if it's a straight swap though.

Also my mate was telling me its Illegal to have a pod filter . . is that true? Is there ways you can get around it?
You can have a pod filter, it's just got to be enclosed, ie; in the standard airbox.

And nice looking car, goes well with the rims.

blueoval - they make aftermarket copies of the AU Tickford rims with E series offset.

#4 ·
his wheels are prob copies everyone makes them now and are heaps common.the xr6 engine will fit but you will have to change a far few things.

#9 ·
Thnx Blue O', i've seen some nice EB's with those rims on so i thought it must fit . . i've seen heaps of other rims i liked but none of them could fit coz of the offset . . but ahwel, this was my 1st choice anyways :>

I got em from The Tyre Factory in dandy, they're authentic Tickford rims they guy told me, i spose they are, they got the logo n everything on it . . even if they arent i dont really care, its how it looks on my car that matters :)

I paid $1800 all up for em, had to do some bargaining though to get em down at that price . . can anyone tell me if it sounds like a good deal?

Thnx for the other answers . . when my engine goes (if? its still goin strong! but for how long? eheh) i think i'll look at getting a newer/beefier engine put in :>

If i got a pod filter installed where would i go to get it ok'd by the EPA dudes?

#12 ·
IN6-PWR,

Why is there a pic of the front end of your car smashed? Did I miss something?

Anyways, your car looks pretty sweet.

Sundeep

#14 ·
My friend put AU rims on his NC Fairlane Ghia the only thing that it needed to fit was spacers on the front, they were original rims too, but only 15s not 17s. It also depends from who you buy them from and if you specifically get them made with the right offset. There are usually slight visual differences between imatations and originals. None the less the rims look killa and being dumped on its guts too helps.

#15 ·
Au motors have a cast sump and the oil pump is mounted differantly. They can be made to fit but you need to modify the crossmember. No need to bother though as while the Au motors are smoother and have slighly better economy it's not worth the extra effort.
Anything up to an EL Xr6 motor will fit no problems.
If you car is multipoint you can simply fit your current inlet manifolds as well if you like.
Or you can go the whole hog but this requires replacing most of the wiring looms as the EL motors have a duel runner manifold that uses differant sensors and has a detonation sensor in the block.
The easiest swap is the ED Xr6 motor but if you can score a complete wreak fit the EL dash and wiring with the motor as it's more swanky.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.