i hate my car... loooong post(sorry) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Showroom
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2004, 04:11   #1 (permalink)
Ford Member

i hate my car... loooong post(sorry)

well, not really, but its seriously p#ssing me off.
i had to sit in it for three and a half hours today, twice waiting for a RAA roadside assistance patrol (1 hour each) and a tow truck (1 and a half hours).
I had the car out on saturday night, and we started havin problems with it blowing the engines fusible link. went through about 6 of them to get us home. it says "30 amps" on the cover, so i was using those. then i read in the owners manual use 40 amp fusible links. so i go out and buy one, and all seems fine and dandy.
so i think to myself, what the hell, i'll take it to work and see how it goes.
middle of a busy intersection in the city, 3.30pm, lotsa traffic, engine dies. so i push it onto the median strip, flik on the hazards, and wait.
so the RAA guy replaces the fuse. engine turns, wont start. he says its got no fuel. i say bollocks, it has. turns out my fuel pump relay has also shat itself.so he bodgeys that up. while we are figuring that out, the starter motor starts cutting out. the guy plays with the relay, says that'l get you home,and to an auto electrican. see ya.
less than a kilometre from my house, it dies again. fusible lnk dead, bodgied-up fuel pump relay dead, and very hot. i replace the fusible link, and put a wire across the relay connections, lotsa sparks and a dead fusible link. again.
so i give up, walk home and have a cold shower. then i called the raa. i want my car towed. ok, but we have to send a patrol out first. grrrrr....
an hour later, the same RAA guy rocks up. i tell him what happened. he says, i'm not even gonna bother lookin at it, then goes to his van and organises a tow truck. 1 and a half hours later, the truck arrives, literally 5 minutes later its in my driveway.
who wants it before i torch it? lol
tomorrow i have to call the warranty company. i'm sure that will be as fun as todays effort....
sorry about the long post. cheers, phil
montyv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2004, 04:14   #2 (permalink)

Re: i hate my car... loooong post(sorry)

damn, not much luck there, hopefully its smimply a simple fix :)
fuses shit me

my wrecked ghia wouldnt start coz of a damn fuse!
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 05:10   #3 (permalink)
E-Series wagon owner

i'll have it b4 you torch it!!!
i'll use it for parts! but then again prolly not cause my car'll proly break down with that cars parts in it :s5 lol :s5

Mods to come: 2.5'' lukey cat-back mandrel bent exhaust with 1 resonator and 1 straight thru muffler, EF cam, Clear indicatros all round, AU3 XR snorkel, 17" Keizzer rims, EDxr front,12"sub,sports wheel

In Progress: EF door trims

Pics Here: www.edwagon.tk
mad_ea_spac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 19:30   #4 (permalink)
400 kg ego

That's really strange... you'd think someone had installed an ultra high voltage battery or something.

Let us know how you go.

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 19:35   #5 (permalink)
BA'o'Matic 100% working.

Fuses normally blow becuase of a short, check that no wiring is stiing against the bod anywhere and rubbed through.

Alternator putting how to much current, would cook the battery over time, get a test on it.

P.S. I will take it off ya hands before ya torch it :)

Jason

"So long and thanks for all the fish!"
Dellboy999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Showroom