Falkeen, I got the headlights apart with some degree of difficulty.
The lights are actually held together with silastic. I tried a number of ways to soften it so i can pull them apart. The best method is to put the entire unit in the oven at 150degrees for 3 minutes, the lens then simply pulls off. Once you have the lens off remove the indicator lens. There is one screw under the indicator lens which holds the chrome/silver insert in place.
A tip - the silver on the face washes off with metho - thats right no sandpaper required, simply rub the surface with an old rag soaked in metho, comes up smooth and clean.
I used a plastic primer first, followed by the blue basecoat, then the blue metallic top coat, then about 4 coats of clear acrylic, comes up glossy. The whole mod cost $90 including new silastic to reseal the headlights.
5 speed or Nothin' Mercury BA Falcon XR6 Manual with 18's, Whiteline Lowered Springs, Adjustable Sway Bars, and Herrod Exhaust......mmmmmh