Ford Forums banner

It's getting there! Progress pics :)

11K views 138 replies 35 participants last post by  MADNC_8 
#1 ·
Yes I know I should have had this car finished months ago, no need to point that out :p

Finding it hard to get motivated lately, sometime upto 2 week breaks between days that i make any significant progress. But since my last day of uni (last thursday), i've made extreme effort to get this car up and running, and i passed another rather significant milsetone last night....

It's a pretty much straight forward process after this, and it wont be long (provided nothing goes wrong) before it steps out onto the road after a 6 month break....

See less See more
#2 ·
What the hell have you been doing to this car?

#3 ·
Good to see!

I'm still free on weekends, just don't lose my tools :p

#4 ·
Haha, I love people's reactions when they see my car now. I had yagz over a couple of days ago, he couldn't stop giggling as it really does seem a lost cause :p

I've completely stripped the car of every EA part other than the body and chassis itself, and rebuilding it with EF/EL ghia parts. That pic is of an EF dashboard made to fit in my EA :)

#5 ·
but why?

#6 ·
Because it is a much much nicer interior :) I kinda prefer EL ghia leather seats to cloth EA GL seats. I also prefer to have an EF XR6 4 litre rather than a CFI 3.9L, BUT I also prefer the EA shape to that of an EL, so I wasn;t content with keeping an EA or buying an EL, so I'm making something in between :)

#7 ·
Why not?

#10 ·
Rmyers said:
Because it is a much much nicer interior :) I kinda prefer EL ghia leather seats to cloth EA GL seats. I also prefer to have an EF XR6 4 litre rather than a CFI 3.9L, BUT I also prefer the EA shape to that of an EL, so I wasn;t content with keeping an EA or buying an EL, so I'm making something in between :)
Wouldn't it have been easier to have bought an EF/EL xr6 and then bolt EA panels on? :)

#11 ·
ianmcginley said:
Wouldn't it have been easier to have bought an EF/EL xr6 and then bolt EA panels on? :)
It would have also been alot more expensive than what i've spent, not to mention I would need to design a new boot install to fit the new car (which is not an option :p). Putting EA panels on an EF is certainly not a straight forward process either :p

#14 ·
But at the end of the day who wants to butcher an EF XR6 when you can get an EF wreck cheap and put it in an EA?

Pretty sure the front panels aren't a straight swap either, someone put an EF front on their EA and had a bit of welding to do.

#15 ·
moving in leaps and bounds now steve :)
next time i'm there the car will be on the road no doubt :p

G
#17 ·
Hehe, this car did look like a bit of a lost cause, but Steve seems VERY determined to do it, i have no doubt it will be finished soon ;)

I'll come round again soon steve, when you put the engine in.. Wouldn't mind seeing it go in and helping pass tools ;)

#18 ·
damn, that photo is soooooooooooooooooo similar to this one from almost exactly 12months ago

Nice work mate. Runing the wiring/putting the dash in is 90% of the work done, the rest will clip/bolt in no problems.

#19 ·
nah dan, urs looked respectable :p

#21 ·
Wow! sure as hell looks good! to all those sayin its not worth it what wrong with a lil bit of ingenuity and being different! thumbs up for having a go... im sure it will be worth it in the end :hy:

#22 ·
mmmm... there is a section missing around the demister button eh ;)
i got that part in my car i think, so i should be able to give it to ya soon!

#24 ·
hey steve, there is a CAPA supercharger kit for sale in the for sale area, $3k for the whole hog, 9psi.
would sure make a nice addition to just finish the beast off ;)

#25 ·
EFFalcon said:
hey steve, there is a CAPA supercharger kit for sale in the for sale area, $3k for the whole hog, 9psi.
would sure make a nice addition to just finish the beast off ;)
That would be lovely, but i'd rather get my current debts settled before I start venturing further with the mods. If he's still selling it after about 2 months, then I will definately consider it, but at that price I doubt it'll be on sale for long. Oh btw I totally forgot that you pinched those buttons, was looking all over the garage for them :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.