Ford Forums banner

My 1969 XT Fairmont

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  XFFAIRMONT 
#1 ·
Been on here a while, thought i'd throw up a pic of my XT Fairmont, had her for about 4 years now, she's pretty stock but still a nice cruiser. I'll throw up some emore pics when I get a chance- hope this pic works out!

Cheers!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks mate! At the moment, the motor is the original matching numbers 302w. Its fairly stock with roller rockers, mild cam, extractors and twin exhaust. I've got a mexican block 302 that i'm building up with 289 heads which are fully ported, double springs, chevy valves, screw in studs, guide plates etc, should go well when done.

I've got an XY 9" LSD to go in also, just gotta get the ratio changed to 3.5 or 3.7- it's currently got an XTGT diff in it. I plan to keep the C4, but get it rebuild with a shift kit and a 2500 stall.

Your coupe looks awesome- any more pics or specs?

Cheers!

#4 ·
It should go well with the new motor, have you thought about making a 347 stroker for it instead - you can use the same block, just with a stroker crank, rods and suitable pistons.

Id say go for 3.5 gears, I've got 3.9's and sits just over 3000rpm @ 100k's, 3.5's will see better cruising rpm's

There are a few more pics on this page
Its got a 351c, FMX auto and 9" LSD.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.