My car! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Showroom
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2002, 16:12   #1 (permalink)

Thumbs up My car!

I thought a first post would be my car, so here it is:

That's it's first car show

Same car show, and a model!

And again...

Yet again...

The final shot (I got this one enlarged and framed) :D
Hoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2002, 16:45   #2 (permalink)

sweet car hoon!!

...except I'd NEVER let a chick climb all over my car

give us more info... what's done to it?

EDIT: I've been wanting to do that tint to my front as well, but won't till I get new headlights, that way I can tint the old ones, and only use them for show. I get hassled enough as it is in my car, don't wanna attrack more attention. That's what I've done with the back, I've got spares.
Pearly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 17:13   #3 (permalink)

Thanks Pearly

With the tinted look on the headlights, that's just some headlight covers with that "Nightshade" spray over the insides. Course you mask out the outside, make sure you do masking tape with that, cause any other tape will leave a sticky reside that's hellishly hard to get off. Bout 10 coats gave me that dark evil look...nothin but old school! This way, you can clip em on during shows, take em off when cruisin the streets.

Ok, mods to car...as you can see it's lowered massively, the small 3.3L donk was ripped out and replaced with a 4.1L with forged pistons, stage 2 cam and giant ported head. Runs on premium fuel only, with just the standard webber carby at the moment. I'm going to be completing the fuel side with a Ultraflow manifold I bought recently that came off a racing 250Xflow, and it's already ported...weee har! Ontop of that goes a Holley 750DP..mmm chrome. I also got a MSD 6AL unit to be put on with MSD leads and Blaster 2 coil.

On the exhaust side, there's pacemaker extractors, 2.5 inch stainless steel mandrel bent exhaust with unkown straight through muffler and a rice style Magnaflow 3 inch resonator on the rear.

The three speed auto was rebuilt, with a 2500rpm stallie installed.

Body work, I've replaced the two front guards and bought the last XE original bonnet in Australia from Ford, so I was a little freaked out when that chick clambered onto it. Rear guards are "pumped and flared" out to accomodate the 265 Yokohama fats under the back. Paintwork is Emerald Green with Gold Pearl and Gold Metallic Flake in it. Diff is still standard.

Ummmm...I think that's it!
Old 09-12-2002, 18:20   #4 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Excellent!! She certainly is a beaut!! (the car that is :s6: )
She must haul some arse.

Thanks for the tip with the headlight covers

I need to finish paying out my last car before I can get working on the mechanics of my 4.1L
How does the 2500 stallie go? I've been looking at that for the XF, need some better acceleration.

Won't the Holley 750 be a bit much? I heard that for the Inline 6 the best is about 350, max 400.

Congrats on the car mate, looks great. Take care of it!
Pearly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 19:05   #5 (permalink)

Ahhhhh The holley 750 ain't gonna be much when I run N20 on it....

As for the stall, well, I raced a EF Ghia (mate of mine) and it was when me car wasn't even through it's first 1000kms. tsk tsk...anywho, I kept the brakes on, revved it up to 2000rpm, lights when green, let go of the brakes, dumped the accel to the floor, and lo and behold, the 265s at the back lit up like a fat guy's fart!

However, the long necked spark plugs limited me to 4000rpm! I didn't find that out til I changed them a week later to sus out if I was over fueling. Also, that damn webber runs out of go at 4500rpm, while I still have approx 2000rpm to go to redline. Bleh.

http://www.hoon.tk
Ford XE Green n Gold 4.1L IL6 Nitrous Assisted. Best time to date: 14.338 @ 98MPH
Mazda 626 Faded Blue 2L IL4 NA Diesel!
Old 09-12-2002, 19:09   #6 (permalink)
1 bad 302

750 Holley sounds a bit much, though saying that, our XF I6 has a 500 Holley with a Redline manifold and runs on PULP only. Guess it depends on the amount that's been done to the engine.

Jon
dragonV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 07:26   #7 (permalink)
Officially Bored with 347

WooooooHoooooo SWEET errr ride mate
good stuff

Member of the "TKTDSGM " Group..
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 19:38   #8 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Very nice indeed mate, she's beautiful. Oh yeah, the car is nice too!

I love that colour, it looks unreal in direct sunlight.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 20:09   #9 (permalink)
Chasing 500rwkw

Awesome car!!!!
How does she go? Whats your 0-100 time. I want an X series falcon for my next car want some ideas on how hard or easy it is to make it haul. Your car hasnt given me inspiration its mad! Would You take the 4.1 over the 5.8 if you had the otion??
Thanks heaps.
Dan
DansEdgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 19:47   #10 (permalink)

Dans: Remember the 4.1 is only a 6 cyl, and if I had the cash to do the car right back then, I would of put in the big block 8...however, money is tight...

http://www.hoon.tk
Ford XE Green n Gold 4.1L IL6 Nitrous Assisted. Best time to date: 14.338 @ 98MPH
Mazda 626 Faded Blue 2L IL4 NA Diesel!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Showroom