My EF Futura - Good, Bad or "Ricey"? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Showroom
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2002, 00:02   #1 (permalink)
EFing Quick!

Question My EF Futura - Good, Bad or "Ricey"?

Hello all!

I just wanted to share some pics of my EF Falcon Futura to see what you think of some of the mods I've done to the exterior and, to a lesser extent, the interior.

I received the car from my parents almost 3 years ago after I got my P's. They still legally own the car but they gave me free reign to do what I wanted with it if I kept her in good running order. I decided she was going to be my 'project' car, where I would research try out aftermarket mods and addons to see how it would affect my driving experience. A priority (at the time) was to make the car stand out and give Ford some street cred in my age bracket and in the mean streets of Adelaide.

NOTE: I don't have Photoshop on here yet and my imaging skillz are lacking so the JPEGs are quite large at around 150kbs - 300kbs.

I'll post the work done and maybe some pics of the stereo or engine later if anyone's interested.

P.S. I haven't cleaned the car for about 2 weeks. The mags are meant to be shiny Shadow Chrome ROH RTs.

P.P.S. Merry Christmas!
Beefchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2002, 04:02   #2 (permalink)
XR8-2NV

Looks great mate
Old 12-25-2002, 04:12   #3 (permalink)
T5 Expert Operator

Ok i'll give my honest opinion here, and at the end of the day it's your car and it's each to their own.

I think the wheels are very very nice and suite the car, however for the extra lights, i personaly would ditch the ones from the front air duct vents and replace the centre round spot lights in the middle of the bumper to a more smaller and oval shape.
I think having too many lights on the front spoils the nice clean EF look.

As for the wing personally i would of gone for a smaller wing ala the XR.
Finally in regards to the coloured mirrors i would leave a black line around to continue the black window seal lines from the door.

But like i mentioned it's each to there own and don't get offended of what i commented it's merely my opinion only. I can say it's definitly a nice car EF's rock for a first car.

Cheers.

AUII Late Ed XR6 HP T5 Venom- Full Tickford Body Kit, 17in Wheels, Herrod Bi-plane Spoiler, Momo Steer/Gear, T-Series Interior Options, Premium Stereo and a very light-tuned 4.0L I6

(FPV-Tickford Club of NSW Member and Co-Founding Member of 3FB Inc, Ford Forums Food Bandits)
XR_Strider_GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 07:43   #4 (permalink)
Are we there yet?

I agree with XR_Strider_GuY. I would lose the bigger centre lights, unless you need them, coz u do some night-time country driving. If you do need them, I would make something up, so they are 'quick-release', so u can take them off when in town. Mabye if it's not too hard, you could recess the outer lights into the bumper more.

As for the mirrors, that's completley up to you, I would leave them however you got them.

The wing, isn't too big, but I would also go for the XR wing.

The mags, one word, SICK!!! How big/how much??

No way would I call it 'ricey' tho.

I hope I didn't offend you either, It is a nice car, definately(sp?) not a rice mobile. So much better than VK Bommodores with VP-wannabe bodykits, or VN's with Wannabe VT kits with V8Supercar rear wings, and stock V6's!!

And has anyone seen the white VX with the plates LORYDA in SA?? It sit's pretty low, but I think I pissed him off when I pointed my XF was lower and then dragged him off.
95 EF Fairmont 5.0 - Heritage Green - 4 Speed auto with AU S5 - 3.23LSD - 17x8" LWT Wheels - King Superlows - 76mm Cobra MAF - 65mm throttle - BPT Underdrive Pulley Kit - 3" Mandrel-bent Lukey exhaust - Tinted Windows - MP3 CD player - White faced dials.

117rwKw - 15.47@89.9MPH
Aaron_EF8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2002, 10:52   #5 (permalink)
EFing Quick!

Cheers for the replies so far guys, but you would need to be *much* more offensive to hurt my feelings!

The coloured mirror's edge was painted when a new side mirror needed to be fitted when my sister broke the old one.
She got them replaced so it wasn't up to me. It's a small detail that they don't match with the one on the driver side.

The aftermarket lights were just an experiment in making the car look a bit different. The middle pair are 'super white' (I think) driving lights while the outer pair are (illegal) blue halogen lamps. Looked great when at night, but now only one out of four of them work. I won't get them for my next car.

As for the mags, they are 17"s. They were $1720 for the set without tyres, but that was 18 months ago. Look for a thread in The Pub called 'ROH RT Wheels' for more recent pricing.

Here's a pic of the boot. 2 Alpine subs and an Alpine 12 stacker:

1995 EF Futura - Crow stage 2 cam & adjustable gear, K&N cold air intake, AU XR intake snorkel, Advance stainless steel extractors, hi-flow cat converter, 2.5" pipe, 17" ROH RT shadow chrome mags, Pedders sports ryder suspension, DBA gold cross drilled/slotted rotors, lowered 1.5", camber kit, engine + starter immobiliser and microwave sensor security system.

Teh funnay is now linked here!
Old 12-25-2002, 19:39   #6 (permalink)
Dreamer

Not a fan of the XR inserts on the bonnet, they need to be flush like the real deal, and actually work. Also the EL GT style wing is a bit funny, and looks to be placed too far along the boot lid, i would of thought it should be as close to the rear as possible. And the lights at front are funny looking

Otherwise its a nice car, i love silver cars, but i prefer a car thats lowered with big rims rather then a plastic fantastic look. That said good on you for trying something new.

OMG! a boot that is actually used! hehe my boot opens only to get the jack out, haha... but i did happen to use it for chrissy presents the other day...
South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2002, 02:26   #7 (permalink)
removed as previously discussed!

Looks sweet.

My harshness:-

The scoops were places wrong so they look a bit funny, personally would of left without scoops on a futura/gli.

Wheels look sweet and everything else, get rid of the spotties in the middle as others said.

Looks sweeT!

Check www.fordmods.com and might get some ideas and mods for your car :)

Fuzzzzzzzzzzion out! ..
Old 12-26-2002, 20:07   #8 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Beefchief, very, very, nice.
Old 12-26-2002, 21:13   #9 (permalink)
EFing Quick!

Yes I agree that the bonnet vents could've been better placed and a bit tacky. But if you dont make mistakes then you'll never learn!

I was thinking about getting a venom bodykit sometime next year, thereby losing the lights on the front. Other other suggestions of future additions would be welcome. Any thoughts?

Here's a pic of the amp that resides behind the back seat:

And the headers and the air intake just for the heck of it:

1995 EF Futura - Crow stage 2 cam & adjustable gear, K&N cold air intake, AU XR intake snorkel, Advance stainless steel extractors, hi-flow cat converter, 2.5" pipe, 17" ROH RT shadow chrome mags, Pedders sports ryder suspension, DBA gold cross drilled/slotted rotors, lowered 1.5", camber kit, engine + starter immobiliser and microwave sensor security system.

Teh funnay is now linked here!
Old 12-26-2002, 21:33   #10 (permalink)
Proud BA XR6 Owner!

Well......

I'll be brutelly honest.. like everyone else....

Ours cars are really nice to begin with. The silver doesn't date much, so they still are In Vogue even after nearly ten years.

What i would have done different:

The Mirrors. The do look good, but personally i would have painted them the same color as the car (IE. argon silver) and left the black line, as others have mentioned. I'll attach a photoshopped version of what i mean..

The scoops i have been tempted to do myself for a while, only the placement wasn't the best.. Tip for the future.. Look at the XR, and get relevant mesuments.

Umm, the wing is good... but be prepared to cop the "It's all wank" tag... but still... it looks cool...

Front lights.... Recess the brake duct lights a tad, and they will look sweet, personally, i would either ditch the air dam lights, or get a more oval shaped version.

Wheels are sweet, as is the overall condition of the car.

I wouldn't mind the specs on that pod setup aswell.. Quite nifty that.

Great car mate... Lets see some interior / night time pics... especially of the front bar.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mirror copy.jpg (22.4 KB, 136 views)

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Showroom