Ford Forums banner

this is my EF XR6

3K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Beefchief 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Looks nice mate

but if you want my opinion (and it is my opinion only) I'd ditch the EF front for the EL, I think the grill is much nicer on the EL, and I would think about some new wheels, I see those 5spokers on everything from Dattos to Commodores

other than that, she's pretty well looked after! How many k's? Auto or Manual? Mods?

#3 ·
looks really tidy mate!! bigger wheels would look sweet as!! any more pics? info?

#5 ·
very nice car :D
i'd be happy with it!!!!

#10 ·
thanks guys, yeah there are plans under way to improve the beast, I prefer the EF front personally, dunno I do agree the light surrounds on the el look more aggressive, but I saw this car in 95 when they came out and said I'm gonna own one of those, the lines of the front end and whole car for that matter, I love.
as far as ride height and wheels go, there are plans in the pipe line to decrease one and increase the other, I would love a set of 17's

#13 ·
g'day guys bout all I plan to do externally is the factory 16 inch and about 2 inches out of the rear and 1 inch out of the front just to balance it,
so far its got konis all round, engine has had a freshen up, ie lager water and oil pumps to stop clatter at start up, a bit of head work to get it flowing a bit better, gearbox solenoid trick to get a sharper change but only in power econ. still shifts smooth, stiffer springs and sway bars,. andling is my forte, so the ride was the major area of work for me, its smooth and clean through out. I have plans for a new cam to fatten up the torque range, but finding the right grind is a bit difficult. part from that she sits as is. I would love to go to 17's but the cost of rubber and the fact I think the brake package needs to back it up with meaty rotors inside and some nice 4 or 6 pot calipers is a little over board, besides I love the look of the 16 factory mag..

#14 ·
I never noticed any difference between the EF and EL XR models apart from the bonnet vents. Shows how much I know! What's the difference? Any pics of an EL?

#15 ·
Don't worry, I just checked out the "Post a pic of your EF/L" thread.

:doh:

G
#16 · (Edited)
Hehe beefchief. The only different between the EL and the EF XR series, was that the EL had the moulded front end, different "tickford" instrument cluster, as the EF has a standard fairmont cluster with no tickford badge, and the rear tail lights in an EL are orange, while the EF has clear rear lights.

I prefer the EF front over the EL anyday..

Very tidy car there mate. I wish mine was white. Go a set of EL GT Copies for your 17" rims. Here are some pics of an EL XR6, White with a set of EL GT's. I reckon it looks unreal!

My dream car is an EL2 XR8, White, EL GT Rims, full EL Bodykit and a stroked, 300kw V8! mwhahaha :)

Keep her straight bud. :angel:

Cheers,
Yagz

Attachments

#17 ·
Cheers for the info Yagz! :beer2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.