Ford Forums banner

My New Futura!!

5K views 63 replies 25 participants last post by  madwob 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys!
Here is my NEW Pride and Joy that I picked up from Etheridge Ford in ringwood three days back.

Shes a 95 EF II Futura. One owner, 5 speed, Cruise control, full service history and very very very Clean and straight.

The photos really speak for themselves, What do you think..?

The engine is cleaner than Mums 98 NL fairlane!! Hahaha. I'm having so much fun driving it..... Having a Manual is AWESOME!!!!!

Anyways, your thoughts?

-cheers ;)

See less See more
#4 ·
wow congrats on finding a manual!
looks like an awesome example.

#7 ·
nice condition, and rare to see a manual espicially in futura !

#9 ·
Great catch XR6Child! Manual = best! I'd say start saving firstly for some new suspension, you don't have to go overboard if you are on a budget - the standard Tickford items will do nicely (there is a great bloke for top deals on Ford stuff on the forums here). Another little change that makes a great difference is the gear knob and shifter height. Get your hands on either a short shift kit ($399 from memory) or even just an AU2 Momo XR knob ($110 or so). The little touches all add up!

Let the mod bug bite :s6: :fluffy:

Enjoy!

#11 ·
Hey thanks Guys, all your ideas are bieng considered and a Budget is already in the making After 5 days!! :lol

Everything that has been said will be done!! I would first like to know how much lowering will cost as the car is like 3 inches off the wheels!! A bit high indeed.....

The ride height alone means when I get out of the car people on first glance assume its my mums car lol so how much would a lowering kit cost as its important.

Cheers guys!

-XR6child

#14 ·
i am so jelous

this is the EXACT car i was going to buy but couldnt afford it at the time

the bloke who owned it didnt want to sell it but his family pressured him into buying a ba xr turbo

he also is good mates with the person who owned ethridge ford and the car was always serviced there

he told me when i backed out of the deal that he would end up trading it to bring the price of the xr down

good buy dude and enjoy it, its definatly a nice car to drive! and very clean as well

#16 · (Edited)
eafairmontghia said:
this is the EXACT car i was going to buy but couldnt afford it at the time
Wow What an unbeleivably freaky small world it is ea? So you've actually driven it? small world indeed! At least you can vouch for me when I say how clean it is. You make me feel like a B@stard for taking her from you.

If you See the man who owned her, give him my congratulations, as the car is a credit to him. I have had more than 5 people refuse to beleive that the car is actually 8 years old and not brand spankers......

It is really the cleanest used car I have seen... Very happy!

As for the noble Rob.... I hope we can do some business in future ;)
Thanks again guys,

-XR6child

#17 ·
XR6child said:
Wow What an unbeleivably freaky small world it is ea? So you've actually driven it? small world indeed! At least you can vouch for me when I say how clean it is. You make me feel like a B@stard for taking her from you.

If you See the man who owned her, give him my congratulations, as the car is a credit to him. I have had more than 5 people refuse to beleive that the car is actually 8 years old and not brand spankers......
yeah ive driven it, it is a really nice car, dont feel bad from buying it mate, at least i know where it is and not being mis-treated lol

ive got my eyes on something a little old school anyway :wnc:

have fun with it mate, once again it is a really nice car

#19 ·
haha yeah

well when i decided i wanted a new car this was one of the first i looked at, but didnt have the 8.5 grand he was askin for at the time

anyway a few months later i found the ghia for 6 grand unregistered, just needs a few dents tapped out and a coat of paint and she will be shmicko!

#21 ·
That's a really clean engine bay! I have a really similar car and my engine bay looks nothing like that! Well done.

#23 ·
Straight as mate!, very tidy, wish mine was a top example like that.
Your car's pretty similar to mine to mate (even the manual :hy:)
Here's how much my lowering cost and what I got to help you out:
Short Shock KYB's all round
King Superlows
Castor and Camber Kit
Wheel Alignment
All up it cost $1,100 which I thought was pretty sweet.
She handles awesome (thumbs down to floaty family falcon suspension hehe) and looks WICKED.
All I can say mate, is: DO IT! :hy:
You wont regret it hey.
Cheers bud.
Mason.

#24 ·
My brother managed to find a GLi manual in the EF and it really pulled strong, although you should also consider very very strongly about putting a LSD in her. How many kays does she have.

Good Buy

Your car would definately out drag EA's...... ha ha

#25 ·
Another couple of things you could do as well would be to go and buy a new over flow bottle and also the XR/GT snorkel, both of these are relatively cheap, of coarse you have to add the mandatory filter....

#26 ·
whats an overflow bottle? Excuse the igorance. I want an LSD as well, how much would one cost?
It needs the go fast bits quick ;) as yes it might oudrag a EA but yeah not much else haha

I dont like driving her Like an idiot, I just want to know the power is there if ever i WANT, not NEED it, you know, for showing off, not dragging every moron in his riced up jap mobile. I'm not that sorta P plater......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.