Ford Forums banner

My new XE Ghia

3K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  MaD_WoG 
#1 ·
Tell me what you think, i saw it in a driveway with no plates, so i asked if they wanted to get rid of it, and they gave it to me for free...

it had csa 15"'s on it, 5 of them, but i got the simmons on it now.. should i repaint the bottom silver, or leave it black?

its got a stuffed motor, but im gonna get another for it its only a 6... gonna get an 8 when the funds are ready... its got disk lsd diff... good interior, needs carpet, speaker grills, ive put the grille back on it,

tell me what you all think of it and what would look mad? blue interior lights? the big ghia moulds, with the orange esp middle,

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Ohhhh what? you gotta be kidding me! Damn dude, you cant beat free. Good pick up!

I would do it up as an ESP replica. Put a worked 6 in it for now and have fun with it. Then over a period of time put a mad clevo in it. That way you can have some fun for a bit while you work up a decent cleveland combo.

The simmons make it look awesome. You should also dump the car into the weeds too. That looks hot as. Reminds me of my old XE (refer to link below) I used to have.

What a steal!

#5 ·
i think shes pretty sweet for free go with blueoval dump it leave the black on the bottom it looks alright and get some tints happening also see if ya can pick up a 4.1 xflow EFI from the wreckers drop that in for $150 to $200 get a big V8 work it as u go then when its done get rid of the 6 and drop the 8 in but thats IMO

#10 ·
My xf is EFI and thats why im getting rid of it, im thinking... clear indicators, esp look... but the interior is that blue colour, and there is no way of me getting an esp interior for it, about a grand...
for an esp i need...
front spoiler, ghia moulds, orange trim for bumpers, esp red clock, esp red dash, esp interior, esp snowflakes, charcoal bottom... how different is charcoal from black? is that the only difference?

the car has got sum rust, a spot under the rear window where they always go, bottom of rear qtr, where they go... and a bit on the firewall where they all go..

ive currently got planned today for it...
blue inteiror, dash and instruments and all (mabye red, its got a blue interior), 351 down the track, 3.23 ratio, tints, esp look extrior

and is three any way of making the standard clock and dash look red/blue?

#17 ·
hmmmm... i love the sound of a v8... the xf is giving me too much trouble....

the motor we thought was blown on the ghia... leads on 1 and 2 were swapped, and 4 well look at this pic

runs good now, so hopefully it will last 6 months....
what are the esp orange stripes worth, i heard over 300 is that true?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.