Ford Forums banner

My xa gt coupe

3K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  XBCoupe2Boot 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Falcon Coupe

That is a one beautiful car - love the colour !! They're are getting very difficult to find these days and on the few occasions that you see a good one on the road - they really turn heads. I think you're about to find out all about that !!

Sounds like she might be a bit of a monster. I don't even want to guess what you paid. When I bought my baby and started spending $$ on her, I made a conscious decision NOT to keep track of how much I poured into her. It's too easy to get bogged down thinking ...... "oh, it's cost me this, I'll never get it back when I sell ... bla bla bla " SO WHAT !! Remember - we're here for a good time, not a long time.

Enjoy it mate - it looks truly wicked !!
Regards
XB Coupe
(another hopelessly addicted coupe fanatic)

#4 ·
Great looking XA. They do turn heads. :)

#8 ·
clevo said:
Manual or auto? Where you located? Love to see it run at Calder some night.

Also what are the specs of the cam to get that HP, is it a roller?

Paul
I am in eastern melbourne
Manual (top loader)
It has a f2 46 solid crane cam (pretty noisy too)
3500 / 8000 strip dominator manifold
wild port job on the head

btw doesnt like full throttle below 3500 revs

And i will take it to calder next year, gotta learn to drive it first.
cheers
Nick.

#10 ·
xbcoupe said:
Falcon Coupe

That is a one beautiful car - love the colour !! They're are getting very difficult to find these days and on the few occasions that you see a good one on the road - they really turn heads. I think you're about to find out all about that !!
Enjoy it mate - it looks truly wicked !!
Regards
XB Coupe
(another hopelessly addicted coupe fanatic)
How right you are XB Coupe !!!
I got it registered today, i went home, put the fattys back on the rear, and the rego plates and sticker, then went for my first real drive,
So i am cruising the burbs, just enjoying the engine/exhaust sound, when i pull up at the lights next to an new crummydore ss ute, i didnt take much notice of him until he nails it off the lights, and gets the jump on me, so i clutch a little give it 5 grand, and with a squeal of the tyres, im off, and by the end of second gear, he is half a length behind me :), so i hit 3rd then back off, round 1 to the 31 year old ford .
Then on my way home, i decide to do a lap of the main street, so i head up to the parking area, and find a spot to go in and purchase some liquid refreshment, as i get out of the car, a 2 door lexus turbo pulls in next to me, and a frantic young gentleman gets out and says " I have to buy that car, how much do you want for it ?" , my answer, NOT for sale .
So apart from jamming the top loader between 1st and second ( i will get used to it) i quite enjoyed my first drive of my 1st V8 ford :)

#14 ·
Man that looks sweet!, be carefull with it now....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.