My XB In Ohio USA - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Showroom
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2005, 07:50   #1 (permalink)

My XB In Ohio USA

The car started out as an XA Fairmont. Somewhere along the way someone put all the spares on it to make it appear just like an XB. The only XA indications it still has is the XA rearview mirror and steering column. Of course the VIN lists it as an XA Fairmont and the number stamped into the shock tower matches so I have no fear of any funny business. It also has a GT dash. All the gauges are metric so if anyone has a 140 MPH speedo I would be interested in it!

It's got a 351C, toploader tranny and 9" diff. Not real sure on the specifics of the engine. I'll find out when I take it apart this spring (about April here). I am pretty sure it has 2V heads from what I can tell. The engine is not the original engine but the car was originally a 351C car.

Steve
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lside1.JPG (64.6 KB, 171 views)
File Type: jpg rearcorner1.JPG (100.1 KB, 130 views)

Last edited by Ohio XB; 10-28-2005 at 07:53. Reason: Had mental block uploading pics
Ohio XB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2005, 20:45   #2 (permalink)
Can't wait for Winton...

Re: My XB In Ohio USA

Looks fantastic Steve! The earlier speedos were in mph, they changed during the XB model, however I suppose they are not thick on the ground over there. Good luck with it
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 07:09   #3 (permalink)

Thanks. I am aware that the XA should have had the MPH speedo but I suspect when the car was made to look like an XB that this is when the metric dash was put in as an additional update to the car. At least it IS an GT dash.

LOL, you're right, 140 MPH speedos for these cars are not very deep on the ground over here.

Steve
Old 11-04-2005, 01:01   #4 (permalink)
Fatso

Great looking XB(XA) Steve...and in the fine state of Ohio....Go Bucks!! I lived in Southeast Ohio many many moons ago in samll town called Logan, in Hocking County. Here's a pic of my XB:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ThornRedXB.JPG (80.7 KB, 67 views)
Old 11-04-2005, 18:02   #5 (permalink)

Beautiful car, and I think I may have seen pics of it before. Is the back end painted gold too?

Logan, eh? Ah yes, the fine "metropolis" of Logan. I know where you are talking about. How did you end up in Australia? Or is that where you are originally from?

Steve
Old 11-04-2005, 19:15   #6 (permalink)
PHAT COUPES

Very nice but the wheels are to plain still look good but polished alloys would look great .
After that old school and tuff looking good and all the way over in the USA
tony xa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 21:14   #7 (permalink)

I have those rims and tires because the ones that came with it were cracked and tires were bald, so I went ahead and got the ones that will be on it after I finish redoing it as a Mad Max Interceptor. Don't worry, the car is not as pristine as it appears in the pictures. If it was as good as it looks I would probably have more reservations about doing it.

Here's the site I am working on about it.....

http://xaxbinterceptor.tripod.com

As I take the car apart I will be posting pictures of the trouble areas and all the progress.

Years down the road if the exchange rate between the US and Aussie dollar get as favorable as it was in the 1990's I would like to get another to restore to original condition or probably make a GT clone. But which to get, an XA or XB? These cars are incredible!

Steve
Old 11-05-2005, 03:45   #8 (permalink)
Fatso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio XB
Beautiful car, and I think I may have seen pics of it before. Is the back end painted gold too?

Logan, eh? Ah yes, the fine "metropolis" of Logan. I know where you are talking about. How did you end up in Australia? Or is that where you are originally from?

Steve

I spent a year at highscool in Logan studiously representing Australia as an exchange student. Although I wasn't supposed to drive (insurance stuff), my first drive on the wrong side of road and the wrong side of the car was in an early model 2dr Pontiac GrandAm.......what a boat!

Here's a shot of the back:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rear of gold.JPG (112.1 KB, 25 views)
Old 11-05-2005, 03:46   #9 (permalink)
PHAT COUPES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio XB
I have those rims and tires because the ones that came with it were cracked and tires were bald, so I went ahead and got the ones that will be on it after I finish redoing it as a Mad Max Interceptor. Don't worry, the car is not as pristine as it appears in the pictures. If it was as good as it looks I would probably have more reservations about doing it.

Here's the site I am working on about it.....

http://xaxbinterceptor.tripod.com

As I take the car apart I will be posting pictures of the trouble areas and all the progress.

Years down the road if the exchange rate between the US and Aussie dollar get as favorable as it was in the 1990's I would like to get another to restore to original condition or probably make a GT clone. But which to get, an XA or XB? These cars are incredible!

Steve
The wheels are prefect then if the interceptor is what your building as for the next one xa or xb are cool looking cars .
XA is the one I would look for just because of personal reasons not because its better .
tony xa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 07:23   #10 (permalink)

I used to not care for XA's too much, but then I ran into this guy's car...

http://community-2.webtv.net/XA351GT...ORD/page3.html

Tom's car is just incredible! He lives in Pennsylvania, USA. I met him in person and saw his car. I just drooled! What a beautiful car!

The front end is reminiscent of a car here in the states, a 1971 Cheverolet Chevelle. It has the turn signals verically on the front corners like the XA and has a similar roofline. See the pic below.

Anyways, it will be a tough decision to get an XA or XB.

Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Showroom