My XF - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Showroom
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2003, 05:21   #1 (permalink)
another XF driver

My XF

Just thought id chuck up a few pics of my XF.

http://www.fordgallery.com/showgalle...at=500&thumb=1

Currently missing a set of splits and my gear knob as some bastard stole them! Damn thieves!

See My Car Here
CHONXF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2003, 08:15   #2 (permalink)
Finnaly back

Re: My XF

Looks familar :) finaly you posted it! good stuff.
did you kit it, or what? tell us the story! plz
whats the engine got done to it?

is that an XG grill or is it the one you can buy with the kit?

and dont look now...but one of your door handles is red!
Chad_XF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 00:20   #3 (permalink)
Legendary Performance

Very nice looking car. Wish my would look as good someday.

Tell us more about the car
Old 09-17-2003, 07:18   #4 (permalink)
another XF driver

hey,
i'm a bit bored at the moment so i'll tell you a bit more about it. first of all, i'm very glad to hear you like it. my first car was a 5 speed XF, and i absolutely loved it, that was until i saw this car. i was driving past when i saw it outside a mechanics and stopped just for a look. i then noticed it was for sale and decided i just had to have it. i borrowed money off my parents, put my car up for sale, and bought it. it looked fairly similar to how it does now. except i've redone a bit of paint work- like painting around the windows black (which used to be red), tinted the windows, converted it to manual, and added my stereo from my old car(Phillips splits, pioneer 6x9's, sony head unit, boss amp, and sony sub). i have also replaced the drivers door handle twice(well picked up chad), so i now have one black handle and 3 red ones, as the previous owner got paint happy and sprayed everything he could possibly paint red! i think i'm just gonna buy another 3 black handles as i think they look better that way anyway.
the engine is the 4.1 carby, no major work, just extractors and exhaust(2 1/4 i think). but it sounds awesome and goes pretty well, a fair bit better after the manual conversion, and better than my last XF.
the interior is velour, including the roof, and it has the rear headrests. its also got the digital dash from the ghia. i honestly have know idea whether it is a GL, S, or whatever? i also made a custom parcel shelf out of some MDF and some carpet stuff, to replace that shitty original shelf. i would like to do what Chad has done and put in all the electrics out of the ghia, but that will have to wait till next year when i have some money. i also wouldn't mind some 17's. but they too will have to wait. i think that's it. for now.
cheers.

Paul

Currently missing a set of splits and my gear knob as some bastard stole them! Damn thieves!

See My Car Here
Old 09-18-2003, 18:19   #5 (permalink)
Fords biggest Freak

I'm guessing it's an 87' model, that runs on unleaded. But look on the plates under the hood, that will tell you exactly what it is. How much did it set you back. Look's very sweet. I actually like the color coded door handles.
Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 04:51   #6 (permalink)
another XF driver

yeah, it's an unleaded model, but it's 86. i'll have a look on the plates tomorrow, but i didn't know it told you that sorta thing. cost me $3950 with RWC. it's also only done 160,000 km's, well the dash has anyway.

See My Car Here
Old 09-20-2003, 05:38   #7 (permalink)
Riced EBII Falcon

nice ride....

those EBII XR rims are giving me ideas for an XE setup....

http://www.ebfalcon.subabooba.com/
acey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Showroom