Ford Forums banner

my XF fairmont ghia 351

2K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  grpavs 
#1 · (Edited)
?????

?????

#7 ·
HEYY I SAW THAT CAR AT KMART in Campbellfield,
just like a few days ago it parked in front of the kmart door...
was it you?....
It looked fantastic

#8 ·
XFTRBO said:
HEYY I SAW THAT CAR AT KMART in Campbellfield,
just like a few days ago it parked in front of the kmart door...
was it you?....
It looked fantastic
What he said !! I'm a local boy to the area and i'm sure i've seen that beast around. Either way it looks great man,and i'm sure that it goes!. Congrats on a well turned out machine.

#12 ·
I got stooged and its damn hot this year. I want my air con back.

Do you guys take care of the legalities of putting a V8 in an XF and emissions and all or dont you worry? As far as I know it is illegal to have the V8 in the XF cos of emissions and crap like that.

Its a very nice car above, I wish mine looked closer to that than what it does.

#15 ·
If you saw that car on these forums it was mine, I have never been impressed my my mechanics but He was the only one that we could find near me that would do it and my Dad thinks he is the ducks nuts cos they are cheap. He kept telling me he has done it hundreds of times. He only charged $500 for labour too. I will never go back to them by choice unless anything they have already done has screwed up. They will keep fixing things without complaining so that is a plus.

How can those emissions be met without using LPG? I thought that the clevo couldnt be made to comply which is why it was dropped in the first place?

Sorry about all the questions
Dan

#16 ·
yeah true i didnt mean to bag ur car but i know 4 a fact the cops and rta r very heavy on conversions if its done propley theres no issue the blue 1 i finish is done like factory and it aint a issue my dad did the first 1 bak in 1985 and theres another 1 like the blue around exactly the same only its a 4.1 carby ive dun xg ute with 5ltr injected motors in it vs commodores and a whole range of diffrent cars ova the years

#18 ·
ford neva dropd the v8 cos of adr compliance it was cos of cost cutting and they claimed the 4.1 was more powerful thats why the efi was bought out the clevland can be rebuilt to run and use unleaded cat converters must be fitted the disturbitur must be re curved or unleaded and the timing and compression ratios and valve guiesds change

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.