Ford Forums banner

My XW Wagon - finally got some pic's

4K views 29 replies 17 participants last post by  galaxy xr8 
#1 ·
It has been a while coming but I finally got myself a camera (thanks Russ) and now I have some pic's to show you of my wagon...here is the first one (bit of an experiment) I will post some more after the weekend.

:s5

See less See more
#6 ·
Gee it's a nice clean looking Station Wagon, i really like it.
Cheers John

#8 ·
John_xr6 said:
looks good, is it a fairmont or just a falcon? is it a proper GS? whats the name of the colour, ive never seen it before.
Thank's mate, no it's not a Fairmont, it's a falcon 500, and the colour is called "Lime Frost", there's not many around in this color, it was only available in the XW/Y and XA's.

#13 ·
nice old Ford, a classic piece of history....look after it.

#17 ·
That's a sweet looking wagon!

I always loved the look of the older wagons more than the new ones - they at least look like they were designed at the same time and not just had the arse tacked on at the last minute like the more recent Ford efforts.

#19 ·
outback_ute said:
Fantastic! A perfect colour really, a colour that fits well with the period yet doesn't look out of place today. Also the GS stripes, wheels, lights etc look great. Look forward to seeing some more pics, or the car itself at an All Ford day or similar.
Thank's mate, that's what I think too, the colour is great, it hide's the dust and dirt and look's great when just washed, that's what I thought the new Envi would be like to maintain as well, it's very similar, just a little darker, the wheel's are the original 5 slotter's but I have a set of B' globe's to go on as well when I get bored with the 5 slotter's, the stripe was fun to put on :AAHHH: .

#20 ·
2 thumbs up from me

it looks great Galaxy expecially with the 5 slots & the red walls

is the antenna a flat square base or just the round one

regards
rod

#21 ·
rod said:
2 thumbs up from me

it looks great Galaxy expecially with the 5 slots & the red walls

is the antenna a flat square base or just the round one

regards
rod
It's the GT square base arial,the red wall's I did myself, they look allright from a distance but they tend to flake to easly,I'm forever touching them up, but they do look the part.

#22 ·
That looks awesome galaxy. I'll be sure to come and have a really good inspection at the All Ford Day. 5 slots really suit it, and the red walls look great with them. Does it have an electric tailgate?

Where are these engine bay pics you were talking about? Im particuarly looking forward to seeing the 2v head on it... and what about some head on shots? Im interested in how the spoiler toughens up the front end.. Great work.

#24 ·
Klawsterfobik said:
That looks awesome galaxy. I'll be sure to come and have a really good inspection at the All Ford Day. 5 slots really suit it, and the red walls look great with them. Does it have an electric tailgate?

Where are these engine bay pics you were talking about? Im particuarly looking forward to seeing the 2v head on it... and what about some head on shots? Im interested in how the spoiler toughens up the front end.. Great work.
Hi mate, It's not a fairmont so it doesn't have the elec tailgate but I have an elec tailgate I'm just not sure whether I want to put it on or not, I'm still getting to those other pic's, by the time I get home from work it's dark and I've been really busy and out of town on the weekend's so I will get them up ASAP, I don't have the 2V head on it at the moment as I'm going to rebuild it, and your right the front spoiler look's great it really makes the vehicle look meanacing.

#26 ·
galaxy xr8 said:
Hi mate, It's not a fairmont so it doesn't have the elec tailgate but I have an elec tailgate I'm just not sure whether I want to put it on or not, I'm still getting to those other pic's, by the time I get home from work it's dark and I've been really busy and out of town on the weekend's so I will get them up ASAP, I don't have the 2V head on it at the moment as I'm going to rebuild it, and your right the front spoiler look's great it really makes the vehicle look meanacing.
I put an electric tailgate in mine, only after something in the winder mechanisim broke. Its well worth it, its great when your out for a cruise, and you have the back window down, it brings in nice cold air (along with the fumes, but that just makes the drive more enjoyable!).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.