Ford Forums banner

Painted my calipers

3K views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  madwob 
#1 ·
Well i got around to painting the calipers.....

did the first 1 on wednesday after work......could only get 1 done before it got dark...but i got the others done today

i Chose monza red

front caliper after taking off the mask

i masked the disc with tape to paint the small bit (dont know what its called)

front caliper with the wheel back on

heres the rear caliper with the wheel back on....i decided to paint the small bit near the disc on the rears.....the front 1 isnt as big so i left it

thanks to MR Cube.....i used his tech sheet for the 1st caliper :hy:

See less See more
#2 ·
madwob , they look awesom!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats a bloody good finish you got there.....and those wheels are HOT!!!!!!!!! Well done...

James

#3 ·
shit thanks mate

i didnt expect anything like that...especially with the photos being such shit quality......the finish did come up great though....it looks a lot better in real life....

hopefully i can get hold of the good digi cam and get some better shots

thanks for the comments though :hy:

#7 · (Edited)
I did mine a while back too, bit of VHT paint. But damn I wish I had ventilated discs, and some decent mags.

Donno

#9 ·
i was actually tossing up with a few colors......yellow was 1 of them....the other was a green to really make them stand out....but i decided to keep it red...and im happy with the result

thanks for all the comments guys....like i said...ill try to get some better quality shots

#13 ·
so much positive feedback....its great to hear....i love the look i came out with

gotta thank Mr Cube for the tech....and of course, my mum :p she got me the paint and degreaser while i was at work :angel:

#17 ·
my first post isnt entirely accurate..........only got 3 done.....i couldnt start the last 1 because i had to get my brother and it wouldnt have been dry, so ill have a crack at that 1 on sunday........woulda done it today....but i think casper and a few others know where im about to go :wnc: :wnc:

#18 ·
madwob said:
my first post isnt entirely accurate..........only got 3 done.....i couldnt start the last 1 because i had to get my brother and it wouldnt have been dry, so ill have a crack at that 1 on sunday........woulda done it today....but i think casper and a few others know where im about to go :wnc: :wnc:
Bwahahahah, happy hitting Madwob.

I will say that thay came up really well. Makes a hell of a difference. Now you can come around and do mine! :p

After tennis, come up to Heathcote!

#22 ·
Casper said:
Bwahahahah, happy hitting Madwob.

I will say that thay came up really well. Makes a hell of a difference. Now you can come around and do mine! :p

After tennis, come up to Heathcote!

lol no problem..... :zzz: maybe after i get my 4th 1 done......if i get it done :p

thanks for the comments people :hy:

#24 · (Edited)
Bucks problem is he can't remember which thread he posted them in. They are on here somewhere, but you will have to do some searching for them - in amongst all his "funny" posts. Here's a link to a nice shot of it:

And here's your reaction to it:

madwob said:
dont get me wrong, i love the XR's.....but IMO, when you go with the t series kit...u have to get the t series front, or the pursuit front if u want the round head lights......its just because of the big skirts on the t series kit....and the t series and pursuit front lips make it line up perfectly.....

and i think the t series wing really completes the kit.....

are you going to be gettin some bigger exhaust tips to fill that gap? it must be a huge gap

lookin good though buck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.