Photos - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Showroom
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2002, 18:03   #1 (permalink)
E-Series Acting VP

Question Photos

Howdy all...

/begin rant

Just wondering why nobody seems to post their photos of the meets anymore???

I remember when I'd get home from a meet, and by the end of the evening almost everyone's photo's would be online, now you still see everyone holding cameras and clicking wildly, but we never get to see the photos!

Not even eafalcon.com has meet photos anymore (they're a couple of meets out of date!).

What's going on?

I can't help but feel that photos also help to entice new people to come along to future meets...

I realise people are busy, so i'm not rying to put any undue pressure on anyone, but are any pics of recent meets going to make an appearance, or should I just take my own pics next time and hord them away for myself?

/end rant

Cheers,
Dave

Thanatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2002, 18:10   #2 (permalink)

Dave is right i noticed that, speedy came with me and has a HEAP of fotos from the geelong cruise ill try and get them, but that like drawing blood from stone. Only other thing is not everyone has webspace, can we put them up on ff? Or we possibly need some volenteers to take shots and put them up, one of the best bits is going through the really mad ones!
madEAs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2002, 20:38   #3 (permalink)
E-Series Cameraman

I realise eafalcon.com is a little out of date by way of photos, and they will go up soon, but both Jack and I are quite busy at the moment. Jack and I still need to exchange some photos so that I can put them up.

As for other peoples pics, not everyone has webspace, and it can take a long time for people to upload all their pics, even with cable internet.

Alex
The Goodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2002, 21:12   #4 (permalink)
-

i put my geelong ones up for people to take - but i dont think jack got them for the site. as for jells park i havent seen anything but NZ's videos...
galapogos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2002, 21:36   #5 (permalink)

I totally agree with you Dave. It is a little annoying but as Alex said it does take time so we'll just have to be patient. *Kenaz starts twiddling thumbs*
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2002, 00:41   #6 (permalink)
400 kg ego

Yes I downloaded all June 23 pics, but it is a pretty big job between myself and Alex to get them all up to an acceptable standard for the site and put them up. The editing involves optimising the brightness/contrast, adding the eafalcon.com text, blanking out all number plates and resizing - plus with my August 11 pictures I went the next step and made all pics into wallpaper-compatible images.

Anyway, I apologise for the delays, but as always I am prepared to give any individual pictures people might want - for example, I have been approached by people who wanted pics of their cars from the latest meet.

I'll see if I can get organised with the Jells Park ones soon, and work backwards from there...

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2002, 05:25   #7 (permalink)
E-Series Acting VP

Quote:
both Jack and I are quite busy at the moment
I realise this, mate, and i'm honestly not trying to nag or put any undue pressure on anyone... so if i'm out of line then feel free to tell me to shut up.

Perhaps even just a post in the forum from people, stating that they have pictures, but don't have the time to upload them at the moment, would be beneficial. That way, at least people who are waiting for the pics are kept in the loop and know that the photos will be coming. I don't think anyone would mind waiting for pics if they know the people don't have the time to upload them, as long as they know what's going on...

And perhaps the same for people who are trying to get webspace - i'm sure there are a few people who wouldn't mind temporarily donating some space to host pictures, so if a message was posted, then at least people are aware of the problem and may be willing to help out.

Once again, i'm NOT trying to pressure anyone, it'd just be nice to know what's going on in regards to the pics, that's all...

Cheers,
Dave

Thanatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2002, 09:00   #8 (permalink)
E-Series Cameraman

Quote:
Originally posted by Thanatos

if i'm out of line then feel free to tell me to shut up.
It's cool mate, I understand the frustration. I have been having a lot of problems with my e-mail, my comp won't connect to the e-mail servers, which is really annoying and delaying contact with Jack and others. But nevertheless, things will move along.

Alex
The Goodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2002, 15:57   #9 (permalink)
NZ
feed me hey

In regards to the videos, I plan to do more at future meets that I attend. I need to work out an easy system of getting peoples permission to post them though. I dont have the skill or resources needed to make them unidentifiable by the law. Previously the owners of the car in the videos have chosen to host the videos them selves and only give out the links to others who they deem trustworthy. I have also paid my donation and am awaiting my share of webspace at FF.com to be setup.
I encode the videos into DivX format which keeps reasonable quality and has quite small file sizes, although this means you will need the DivX codec to be able to see them. I will put up the player/codec bundle and the MP3 codec with the vids.

If anyone wants a clip done of their car, just hollar!

But yeah some suggestions on a system to post the vids would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 09-23-2002, 16:54   #10 (permalink)

well guy you wont have to stress about the photo's of your cars that will be from the CCC/ford cruise they will be put up prolly within the week after
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Showroom