Some track videos in the hebby Lincoln - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Showroom
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2011, 20:00   #1 (permalink)

Garage
Some track videos in the hebby Lincoln

Hey guys! It's been awhile. Thought I would stop back and share some fun times I had this year. The car was down for awhile after a failed timing chain tensioner which my buddy and I fixed. We got her back on the road and put a set of rear shocks on the car.

This winter, the suspension has to be rebuilt because all of the bushings aren't looking good at all and the front bags are leaking down. I have a coil conversion kit in the works. Over the winter this will get taken care of and the car will finally get a dyno tune and possibly underdrive pullies and a better throttle body. But either way, my best of the year was a 13.59@101.72 mph in the heavy Lincoln. The car is all motor, stock internals with bolt-ons and running on a very bad mail-order tune. Once I achieve a low 13 out of it next year, I want to go forged with a blower.

Here's some fun at the track. The car really moves considering the tuning and suspension issues. I'm excited to see what next year brings.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2011, 20:15   #2 (permalink)
Subaru/Ford guy.

Garage
Re: Some track videos in the hebby Lincoln

Nice, I think I'd like to take a shot at your time after I get a header to finish up the exhaust on my 03 zx3 2.3l, I'll need a tune at that point, but I should be somewhere up near the 175-180 wheel HP mark at that point. Maybe a little more.

What's the Mark making for wheel HP?

How-to directory.

Ford focus DTC codes.

Ford= First on race day.
djzx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 20:35   #3 (permalink)

Garage

[QUOTE=djzx3;1358171What's the Mark making for wheel HP?[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I don't know. Last year before the Cobra intake swap, I had it pulled on a dyno just for numbers(no tuning) by a guy for $50. He couldn't get the converter to lock fully and it made 242rwhp. With my stall, the only way to get a good pull is to have the tuner actually go into the software and command a full lock on the converter not to mention we seemed to determine by the graph that some timing was being pulled up top by the knock sensors because there was a bad warble at the end of the graph. I have since put in a colder plug to hopefully resolve that issue but since it hasn't been on the dyno since, I don't know if that issue is still there or what numbers I have gained since the intake swap. I do know that the stock intake was VERY restrictive compared to the Cobra intake. Less volume and the lower plenum was fed air by two silly oval ports. The Cobra intake has a lot more volume, better runners, and my buddy did some minor port work on the lower.

If I was to guess, I would say it has about 255rwhp at this point. With some refinements before next year and a dyno tune, I hope to be around 270rwhp. I am very curious as to what the car is doing in the AFR department. Another Gen2 Lincoln guy did the same swap recently and found out he was running rich at the top of his shifts. I could have a vast array of tuning issues at this point that I won't know of until it gets dyno tune. Two things that I do know of with the current tune is that the shift points are too low and the converter locks way too early in third gear. All of my runs were manually shifted, so I was able to get the rpms that I wanted to see but the lock-up issues were still there. I was able to decrease the intensity of the lock-up into third at the track by shifting into the gear at a higher rpm though which did help with my trap speeds. But, it won't truly be right until it hits the dyno. I have determined that lock-up should occur at ~95mph as opposed to the ~80mph where it wants to lock now.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:56   #4 (permalink)
Moderators

Looks good , guy beside you in the first video was flying .
R.S.LOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:40   #5 (permalink)
Subaru/Ford guy.

Garage

You want a good tune, you might want to talk to Mcnews in PA.

As for Mcnews in PA they are the best around, I'll probably tow my focus's down to PA so MCnews can put his magic touch on it.

How-to directory.

Ford focus DTC codes.

Ford= First on race day.
djzx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 17:59   #6 (permalink)

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.S.LOGAN View Post
Looks good , guy beside you in the first video was flying .
Thanks man! That was an 11.5 second Fox Body with a very lumpy cam. I'm sure he was pushing 400+ hp to the rear wheels. One day, I hope to be that fast in my 4000# Lincoln. I am currently saving up for this adventure. A forged motor with a Vortech setup and a moderate amount of boost should get me there. I have seen guys run mid 12s with an 8 psi pulley. If I'm forged and can run in the teens for boost, I could easily see 11s.

This is the guy who is inspiring me to make this move:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Showroom