updates on the custom kit for the car - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Showroom
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2004, 03:05   #1 (permalink)
E-Series wagon owner

updates on the custom kit for the car

well i started on the xr front this week,

SATURDAY:
went to pick a part to get el wagon lights as INITIALD told me there where some, i turn up there and fingd them both to be totaled completly,but it wasn't a total loss as on my way in i found clear front indicators on an eb wagon so i took em off for $40 and fitted them

MONDAY:
i tried to muck around to get it straightened up right and all but found it would bee too much work *i got it all together and to fit but found that it was nearly impossible to get the grill to look the same on each side etc...so i choped the lights off and chucked the grille section and i glassed up the holes that where left,i also modified my ed grill bu pulling out the centre piece to make it look alittle meaner

TUESDAY:
i stated sanding the lights smooth after the glass had dried overnight went to put it in place, they turned out to be a little off so i sanded them on the belt sander until i get em right and glassed them up as some holes appeared, and i went to fordwise to buy some xr head lamps, i found they wanted $600 for both so i told em to get stuffed,
went to k-mart later in the day and found some driving lamps (very nice ones actually) monza brand, that i was gonna use as high beams until i found they'd be suited to standard beam as well, and these also came with angel lights in em so i've got the parker lamps sorted, all this for only $50so it was a good deal i recon, i also took the pics below yesterday (tuesday)

WEDNESDAY:
well today was kinda a slack off day or so it seems, i hamd the brackets to mount hte lights to the radiator support, and i made a fibre glass platform to mount the lamps to thas about all i got up to today(only one light BTW)

THURSDAY:
tomorrow i plan to get another set of these sick looking driving lamps as highbeams, mount the bracket and platform to the other (twin light wonna be xrlamp thing ) and source out the bumper i will use under the ea one
*as i've decided not to use an ef one as there are plenty now thinking of doing that mod, so i'm gonna find a bumper with nice scoops in it and mould it on with a few mods to make it unique:) so now one will beable to copy it exactly (if it turns out good)*

FRIDAY: i plan to paint it all up and have it installed it if it all goes to plan

NEXT WEEK:
i plan to start on the final product of the FULL custom kit hope to have that finished after a few months or so * as i'm going overseas for a month in a month (actually exactly a month :) we leave christmas day)lets see if i'll be able to get most of it finished by then :)

Mods to come: 2.5'' lukey cat-back mandrel bent exhaust with 1 resonator and 1 straight thru muffler, EF cam, Clear indicatros all round, AU3 XR snorkel, 17" Keizzer rims, EDxr front,12"sub,sports wheel

In Progress: EF door trims

Pics Here: www.edwagon.tk
mad_ea_spac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2004, 03:07   #2 (permalink)
E-Series wagon owner

Re: updates on the custom kit for the car

oh and btw this is how the front looked before i started cutting it up
well i started on the xr front this week,

Mods to come: 2.5'' lukey cat-back mandrel bent exhaust with 1 resonator and 1 straight thru muffler, EF cam, Clear indicatros all round, AU3 XR snorkel, 17" Keizzer rims, EDxr front,12"sub,sports wheel

Old 11-24-2004, 03:15   #3 (permalink)
Pimpin the chrome

Your Going to use Driving lights as your HEADLIGHTS ON THOSE GRILLS???

That is the most illegal thing ive heard of!

EF head | EF XR6 Cam |Pacemaker 3320(?) extractors | Hiflo cat
3:23 | Auto | XH Snorkle | Thermos | 2.5" Mandrel Exhaust
Full NC2 Sportsman Interior inc Dash & Electrics
Custom Clear Tailights and Garnish
Sprint kit | Moffat front bar (soon) | king lows
FTR Chrome Rims | Driving lights | Custom ED Mesh grill
Pioneer of the Clear ED tailights
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 04:00   #4 (permalink)
w w w .eafalcon. c o m

will be interesting to see the finished product tommi. lol
dpk83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 04:03   #5 (permalink)
E-Series wagon owner

nah these ones will be legal they will be set up so they are adjusted correctly etc...
they are 55W and they dont blind you when you look at them, they said on the manual suitable for driving or some thing like that aswell

Old 11-24-2004, 04:05   #6 (permalink)
nEb
HYPER-6

lol yeah sounds pretty illegal.. and fairly dodgy... k-mart driving lights! lol. well at least its cheap.. hope it all turns out well
Old 11-24-2004, 04:14   #7 (permalink)
No longer around

lol, dodgy

least ya getting stuck right into it mate
MADNC_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 04:17   #8 (permalink)
E-Series wagon owner

yeah at least i have something to do soi don't get bored over the holidays :)

Old 11-24-2004, 04:24   #9 (permalink)
Experimental Racer#6

Looks good tommi.
I was gunna cut my broken XR grill au and attach my spare EB grill to it, then attach that to the bonnet, so it go'e up and down with the bonnet.
Didnt do it.
TIKFD6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 09:57   #10 (permalink)
Proud Ford Owner

It is most certainly not legal to use driving lights as headlights. Ever wondered what all those lines that have been etched into headlights are for? They direct the majority of the light to the lower left, which won't happen with those driving lights. But hell, it's only illegal if ya get caught Should look pretty good when it's done.
Mike Gayner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Showroom