Ford Forums banner

Uteman's new ride - XR8

2K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  EVIL EB 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

A mate's girlfriend kindly took some shots of the new beast at the New Norfolk stage of Targa Tas. 2004 (big thanks Lauren and Curly). Its an AUII XR8, 200kW's, 5spd, 18000kms, hardtop, V8 supercar front spoiler, rear wing, skirts (all done by SSV I think), 18" CSA Gladiator wheels, KUHMO Ecsta tyres, premo sound, leather interior, momo wheel and gear knob etc. Its a credit to the previous one owner, I bought the ute like it is and lurve it! It would be great to hear what you guys think. Most people say: "That wing belongs on a plane" or "When do we take off?"

http://www.fordgallery.com/data/500/3582XR81-med.jpg
http://www.fordgallery.com/data/500/3582XR82-med.jpg
http://www.fordgallery.com/data/500/3582XR83-med.jpg
http://www.fordgallery.com/data/500/3582XR84-med.jpg

I have some photos of the Targa cars, if anyone is interested I can put them up.

Cheers,
Simon

#2 ·
rear wing is a bit big but as long as u like it thats all that matters! :hy: very nice looking ute though... could do with a lowering job to top it off ;)

#3 ·
very nice mate drop the ride height by another few inches and loose the wing:) otherwise a very sweet ride love black XR utes:)

#4 ·
Thanks for the comments guys. When I first saw the ute I said that the wing had to go. Looked poxy and way too big. But it grew on me and I wouldnt have it any other way. As for the ride height, I really didnt like the wheels either. But again they grew on me. This meant I didnt have to change wheels, hence ride height remains as I bought it. Would look wild lower but I need to do some towing work and it already scrapes in some steep/straight on driveways. At the moment it sits just nice, not too low, not too high (in the pics its too high tho!). I am trying to work out what shockies it runs. Will get under the ute tomorrow, fronts are red and rears yellow, what brand tho?

#7 ·
uteman said:
Thanks for the comments guys. When I first saw the ute I said that the wing had to go. Looked poxy and way too big. But it grew on me and I wouldnt have it any other way. As for the ride height, I really didnt like the wheels either. But again they grew on me. This meant I didnt have to change wheels, hence ride height remains as I bought it. Would look wild lower but I need to do some towing work and it already scrapes in some steep/straight on driveways. At the moment it sits just nice, not too low, not too high (in the pics its too high tho!). I am trying to work out what shockies it runs. Will get under the ute tomorrow, fronts are red and rears yellow, what brand tho?
uteman,can u be my wingman "i feel the need the need for speed!!!" sorry couldn't resist, not sure of the brand of shockies but they are the factory standard issue same as my previous ute au2 xr8 cheers mark

#12 ·
The wing looks really high in the rear shot but its not that high. If you look at it in real life it looks nice, well thats my opinion but I am biased. :) I thought of ripping it off when I first saw it but nah, it grows on you. I am thinking about the lowering job but at its current ride height I am cautious at what angle I attack driveways, imagine if it was lower! I can see it tho, hmmm.

#15 ·
Thanks for the comments guys. After looking around the forums a lot of other guys have black XR8's, to be different the wing will stay. Cheers for the feedback on the shockies too. This ute is a dream to steer compared to the XB. Jumped in the girlfriends Corolla the other night, had to remember to turn corners (no pwr steering), no audio controls on the wheel, sheesh.

#16 ·
Oh, I forgot to mention, the transfer of rego is complete and also the huge insurance bill is paid, so it really feels like I own it now. Woohoo! I am now feeling broke, but damn it was worth it, procrastinated for yonks, then went and did it, new cars rock!

#18 ·
interesting to see somthing different, would look nice if it was a bit lower, the rear wing is huge !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.