Wanted, ANY pics of flash boots :) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Showroom
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2004, 02:24   #1 (permalink)
Finnaly back

Wanted, ANY pics of flash boots :)

Can ppl plz post pics of the inside of thier car boots? (if they have been boxed etc..)
Any models will do, Im just after Ideas for my XF, which I wanna do soon.
Chad_XF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2004, 09:54   #2 (permalink)
"Steve has a car?"

Re: Wanted, ANY pics of flash boots :)

Here's mine...

Old 01-31-2004, 10:19   #3 (permalink)
I wanna eat your children

very nice looking set up you got there

just 1 question...what is the black cylinder looking thing on the right side behind the sub? i saw so many of them at auto salon, but i dont know what they are. because of the numbers i saw on them, i thought they might be something to do with db etc.....
Old 01-31-2004, 11:45   #4 (permalink)
"Steve has a car?"

It's a big capacitor. It basically stores power and has a very little internal resistance, which means whenever there is a drop in voltage due to a big power draw (ie bass), the capacitor can deliver a large amount of power for that second that the bass hits, therefore keeping your voltage more even and ensuring more power is gained form the amp. They can discharge large amounts of power quickly but only for a second or so as they do not store alot of juice. In comparison, your average drycell battery is about 1000x larger in capacity, but has a high internal resistance and therefore cannot discharge the power quickly enough to keep the voltage steady. The number on the cap (short for capacitor) is the farad or amount of power it stores, the higher the farad, the more power the cap stores. It is recommended to have 1 farad for every 1000wrms of power you draw, mine is 1.5farad. Capacitors are more of a quick bandaid fix for a poor electrical system. Get your electrical system upto scratch (ie decent battery, larger alternator, thicker wires, proper grounding points etc) and the need for a cap will diminish quickly.
Old 01-31-2004, 15:39   #5 (permalink)
'87 XF Ghia

Hrmmm.... let me guess is that an EA-ED boot???
XG Grille, Front Skirt, Chrome tinted tail lights

XFGHIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 16:16   #6 (permalink)
"Steve has a car?"

Ea
Old 01-31-2004, 22:01   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmyers
It's a big capacitor. It basically stores power and has a very little internal resistance, which means whenever there is a drop in voltage due to a big power draw (ie bass), the capacitor can deliver a large amount of power for that second that the bass hits, therefore keeping your voltage more even and ensuring more power is gained form the amp. They can discharge large amounts of power quickly but only for a second or so as they do not store alot of juice. In comparison, your average drycell battery is about 1000x larger in capacity, but has a high internal resistance and therefore cannot discharge the power quickly enough to keep the voltage steady. The number on the cap (short for capacitor) is the farad or amount of power it stores, the higher the farad, the more power the cap stores. It is recommended to have 1 farad for every 1000wrms of power you draw, mine is 1.5farad. Capacitors are more of a quick bandaid fix for a poor electrical system. Get your electrical system upto scratch (ie decent battery, larger alternator, thicker wires, proper grounding points etc) and the need for a cap will diminish quickly.
thanks alot for that..explained it well

just a bit strange that with the money spent on the cars at auto salon....ie the sony XPLOD skyline, they would need 1 of those?
Old 01-31-2004, 22:42   #8 (permalink)
"Steve has a car?"

It's more for wank factor, and it's kinda like the icing on the cake for the electrical system, there just in case. They are also used for mainly Sound quality setups, stiffening that small bit of fluctuation in voltage which inturn has a small effect on the output of the amp. Some say it does make a difference, some say they don't and it's more of a placebo effect. Most people just like to have their bases covered, not to mention they look trick :)
Old 01-31-2004, 23:02   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmyers
It's more for wank factor, and it's kinda like the icing on the cake for the electrical system, there just in case. They are also used for mainly Sound quality setups, stiffening that small bit of fluctuation in voltage which inturn has a small effect on the output of the amp. Some say it does make a difference, some say they don't and it's more of a placebo effect. Most people just like to have their bases covered, not to mention they look trick :)
hehe yer they do look mad....ill try find some pics of a few from auto salon....they were nasty boot set ups..
Old 01-31-2004, 23:03   #10 (permalink)
XF 250 4.1 XFLOW TURBO

here r me bros 2 JL's nothin special but pumped 144 dbs out of 2 400w rms dual voice coils

Rmyers what r the rockfords like me mate just got 2 12's put in his boot on friday but havnt had a listen of them yet

Last edited by blueovalxfboy; 03-08-2004 at 01:27.
blueovalxfboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Showroom