Ford Forums banner

What e-series car would u do up?

4K views 30 replies 23 participants last post by  JADED6 
#1 · (Edited)
If u had say $6000 to spend, including buying the car, which model e series falcon/fairmont/fairlane would u buy to mod up?
Given it has to be reliable and look half decent.

Would you go for something like a EA falcon and drop a AU engine in it, whack on a good exhaust, and if theres money left put a 5speed in?

Or would u spend a bit more on and get something like a EB/D fairmont because it already has a heap features. And maybe just do the cam and exhaust?

Or would you hunt round the auctions for a 1/2 decent EB/D/F with a blown engine and try pick up a cheap engine from else where, throw in a few bolt on mods and be happy?

I dunno what id do. Either look round for a decent EB/D fairmont, and put a few small things in with hopes of future mods.
OR pick up a EA or EB Fairmont with a rooted engine and try the AU conversion.

Ideas?
Can u put in how much u'd spend on each item so as we can see how u are doing with your $6k 'budget' :)

Can u tell im board? :D

See less See more
#29 ·
MADNC_8 said:
haha its funny you should mention bags, coz ive been looking into it for a few months now..
Burnin Customs sells a front/back/side/side kit from $2,800 or just front/back from $2,100

and yeh i'd love to have my fairlane sittin on the rails :p
Heh.. i'm going along those lines already.. though i'm just letting everyone wait and see what i'm doing :D By late next year everything should be finished.

Oh, and forget bags.. go the 'droz .. get some jumping action into you. ;)

#30 · (Edited)
cenithx said:
Heh.. i'm going along those lines already.. though i'm just letting everyone wait and see what i'm doing :D By late next year everything should be finished.

Oh, and forget bags.. go the 'droz .. get some jumping action into you. ;)
if it werent for teh fact i use my boot a lot (and hydro's would be so damn expensive to set up plus tehre ilegal in aus atm) i'd go dro's
also you can hop a car with airbags, all you ned to do is setup a decent air compressor the compressors that come with bag setups are really slow.

i was watching a guy hoppnig his airbagged hilux at the last autosalon im melbourne

nah bags are so much more user friendly. i too should be scraping the rials by late next year.

or verry early 05
depends what i do first..... airbags or interior retrim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.