Wife's Mustang Website Officially Open!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Showroom
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2005, 06:17   #1 (permalink)

Wife's Mustang Website Officially Open!!

I've been working on the website for my wife's 1966 Mustang that you see in my signature. I have finished the section on building the engine with step by step pictures. I have also started the section on refinishing the engine compartment, also with step by step pictures, and it is almost done.

There are already finished sections on the back history of the car, again including many pictures from basket case to finished state along with a looonnngg list of work that I did to it. There is also soon to be a section on the custom designed and machined parts I made for it!

http://purplestang66.tripod.com

For those not familiar with the project here are a few teaser pics.

Ohio XB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2005, 20:37   #2 (permalink)

Re: Wife's Mustang Website Officially Open!!

I just got a few more pages up about the engine compartment and the machined parts. I have some more to add to the machined parts section yet. Then I will also be adding a wonderful section I call "What could go wrong DID go wrong!"

I am still adding to it every day or two so be sure to stop back for more pics and info!
Old 12-19-2005, 05:34   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for that .......... I just drooled all over my keyboard.

What a find ! LOVE the color - awesome.
xbcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 07:20   #4 (permalink)

I couldn't believe it either. It has new front fenders, rear quarters, front and rear valance, and her favorite color. The whole car is steel and no body filler except for a little in the doors. Those are going to be replaced maybe next year. I think it's a really nice shade of purple myself.

I can't wait for next summer to get some more good pictures of it down at the park.

I got her the GT 350 fiberglass hood with the Shelby hoodscoop for Christmas. It is sitting in the back of my truck right now. She has no clue. Friday afternoon while she is at work I will put it on her car with a big bow so it will be ready Christmas morning.
Old 12-19-2005, 14:21   #5 (permalink)

sweet stuff,
Old 12-19-2005, 17:05   #6 (permalink)

Lucky girl ......

and you're lucky too having a partner to share your interest and be sympathetic to the expenditure that is associated therewith.

I had a good look through your site, it's a real ggod read - very interesting. (I love the purple set of leads you got to match the color scheme)

Cheers
xbcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 02:22   #7 (permalink)

Well this car is her dreamcar, and since I wanted to build a Mad Max Interceptor I figured I would get her set up and then that way she couldn't have any complaints when it came time to spend money on what I wanted. I highly recommend this!! She has never said a word when I told her I was spending money on my car and that is golden. Also her job funds her car. She works at Ford, as do I, but she works at the famous Cleveland plant where the 351C was born and 302 Windsors were built.

It has also given us something else to do together. We go to cruises usually with her car and my truck. I just got the XB Falcon last September so only drove it this past summer (Julyish in the US).

Hard to tell in the pictures but the purple leads coincidentally match the plastic wire harness conduit perfectly! That was a stroke of luck. I still want to replace the distributor cap with a black one. Does anyone know if it is OK to paint a distributor cap? I wouldn't mind painting it silver and then going over it with the same purple as the rest of the engine.

I just added to the machined parts section and should be adding even more of the completion of the engine later today. Stop back for the rest!

And thanks for the sincere compliments.
Old 01-11-2006, 23:24   #8 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Nice job.

Colour matched engine looks very sharp.

I have no idea what will happen if you paint the dizzy cap but certain paints may damage it. Then again what the hell it's not as if a dizzy cap is hard to replace if it ruins one I say go ahead and paint the thing just make sure to mask out where the leads go in.
Old 01-12-2006, 14:24   #9 (permalink)

Ohio XB

Just looked at the website. Great stuff. Love the car. The engine bay and attention to detail is sensational.

Still unsure how you could do all that work, have it looking that good, and then let the missus drive it!!!!! I would be in that car as much as possible. You must really love the XB not to be driving the stang.

A job well done.

Cheers
Nuutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 06:41   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuutz
Ohio XB

Just looked at the website. Great stuff. Love the car. The engine bay and attention to detail is sensational.

Still unsure how you could do all that work, have it looking that good, and then let the missus drive it!!!!! I would be in that car as much as possible. You must really love the XB not to be driving the stang.

A job well done.

Cheers
Well there is a little something to that. All my life I had been a Mopar Man. I was into Chargers, Road Runners, and Challengers and the like. I only made the move to Fords when I found out the Mad Max car was an Aussie Ford. The Mustang was always her dreamcar, not mine. I've always been an artist so the chance to do what I have to her car is what worked for me. It may be her car, but it's my baby, you know what I mean? When I told her she was going to have to take it down the track to see what it will do in the quarter mile she said no way, that I was going to have to do that. Well.....ok, if I have to. Besides, the way the car makes her feel is priceless to me. I'll drive it some too.

I found out from someone else that has done it that he had no problems with painting the cap so I will be giving it a try.

Thanks again for the compliments everybody.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > The Showroom