Zeus Is Here

6K views 56 replies 15 participants last post by  Blown BA 
#1 ·
Sweet is!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Aaargghh!
Someone's stolen two cylinders and straightened the engine... ;)

LAMINGE:
Do you know how to fix this???????

#6 ·
Great

HSE2 said:
Zeus - Great article on your car in Dougies web site. How is your car going? Any troubles with the installation?
The car's going great some far...although l'm waiting for a carbon fibre tailshaft to be made up for me, with my 9" IRS ass to go with it. Should be ready soon.
l Love giving those **** BOX COMODORES a run, and then giving
them the thumbs down. EAT THAT<<<<<<<<

Attachments

#7 ·
Sweet ride!

Definately a bit of a sleeper, no ones going to expect a VCT Fairmont ghia to have nearly 300kw at the engine :D:cool:
Is there much of a Supercharger whine with it?

#8 ·
BLOWN

Martin said:
Sweet ride!

Definately a bit of a sleeper, no ones going to expect a VCT Fairmont ghia to have nearly 300kw at the engine :D:cool:
Is there much of a Supercharger whine with it?
Theres a whine with it... But! Its a sweet one at that!!
And l love it.

#9 ·
Re: Great

Blown AU said:

The car's going great some far...although l'm waiting for a carbon fibre tailshaft to be made up for me, with my 9" IRS ass to go with it. Should be ready soon.
l Love giving those **** BOX COMODORES a run, and then giving
them the thumbs down. EAT THAT<<<<<<<<
Nice car...would love to see their faces when you blow them away!

If you dont mind, what sort of $$$ are you paying for the tailshaft?

#10 ·
Very nice car Zeus. Gotta love the Ghia's. I do...I bought one.
Isn't it good that nobody suspects that a Fairmont Ghia is going to whip their arse. Sleeper at it's best.;)
Unfortunetly, my Ghia hasn't got the Mumbo of yours so You'll have to fly the flag for me.:cool:
Russell.

#11 ·
Re: Re: Great

XLR8 said:

Nice car...would love to see their faces when you blow them away!

If you dont mind, what sort of $$$ are you paying for the tailshaft?
The dollors for tailshaft is $600 including fitting and safety U
clamps on each end.
And as for flying the flag l'll fly it for any FORD boys.....
Go FORD GO HARD<<<<<<<<<

#12 ·
Blown Ghia

Rastus said:
Very nice car Zeus. Gotta love the Ghia's. I do...I bought one.
Isn't it good that nobody suspects that a Fairmont Ghia is going to whip their arse. Sleeper at it's best.;)
Unfortunetly, my Ghia hasn't got the Mumbo of yours so You'll have to fly the flag for me.:cool:
Russell.
Thanks Russell l've always loved the Ghias and l reckon the AU is the best so far they've ever made. My 1st car was an XBGT Coupe
was sponsered by DANDY PERFOMANCE many yrs ago.
Next was the sweet XC GXL 351 with all the tricks to it. And then
l bought an NA SVO Fairlane with a Blower in it too...NOW<<<
Its the AU GHIA...

#15 ·
Re: Re: Re: Great

Blown AU said:
And as for flying the flag l'll fly it for any FORD boys.....Go FORD GO HARD<<<<<<<<<
Or go friggin home!!!!... Welcome aboard Blown Au.. Nice ride mate... Give those holden blokes some stick for us lads mate... :D :thumbup:

#16 ·
NP

Nipper said:
Real nice ride mate. Luxury at its best, fast and furious....
I'm jealous!!!!!!

How do you go with insurance......?????

Nipper........
Insurance is no probs for me cause l'm over 30 and rating 1 for the last 5yrs. So long as l tell them what has been done to it thats all.

#18 ·
CHALLENGE!!!!!

laminge said:

Only way is to get our cars side by side and launch.......

Those 2 cylinders should appear in approx 2 -3 weeks:nuts:
OK laminge lets talk serious now just got my tailshaft in yesterday with my 9" how bout we meet and take it down the straight together<<<<<<<<<<<and see if you can CATCH ME:}}

#20 ·
Re: CHALLENGE!!!!!

Blown AU said:

OK laminge lets talk serious now just got my tailshaft in yesterday with my 9" how bout we meet and take it down the straight together<<<<<<<<<<<and see if you can CATCH ME:}}

Dammm

its taken me this long to get back to this thread!

Unfortunately you gotto wait intil i get the t56 in, I'm affraid the standard box wont handle a decent sprint!

BTW, what is the power rating on your AU! Dyno??

#21 ·
Re: Re: CHALLENGE!!!!!

laminge said:

Dammm

its taken me this long to get back to this thread!

Unfortunately you gotto wait intil i get the t56 in, I'm affraid the standard box wont handle a decent sprint!

BTW, what is the power rating on your AU! Dyno??
It talk me that long to reply to ya cause l was waiting for the 9"IRS and tailshaft.
Last Dyno done yesterday was 208kw at the rear wheels and thats only at 13psi.

#23 ·
Blown Ghia

XLR8 said:
Have you given it a decent launch yet......or still running in??
Whats there to run in!!
The Blower is a Vortec V-4 boosted at 13psi it has 3" exhaust with
HM headers stainless steel mandrel bend.The Cat has been modified if u know what l mean:: It has an Davies Craig Electric Water Pump to keep it cool and thirsty.A Fireball Hi 6 Ignition with a M48 Motec system driving it all the way.
On the rear end is a 9" IRS which l had made up specially and a carbon fibre
tailshaft. All up it costed me just over $10,000 and has been dyno tested
at 208kw at the rear wheels <<< but l'm gonna do better than that>>>>>>>>>

#24 ·
Sensational figures mate, for a 6 thats is, nah just kidding.

I would have thought at 13psi you would need to intercool that baby?

Do you have any shots of air intake from start?

Love to meet up with you at some stage, you can always PM me and i will give you my contact details.

Not sure what your thoughts on Calder are, but I wouldnt mind catching up also with some of the Melbourne guys on this thread up in Heathcote!

I have as yet to decide what i am going to do with my diff, as from the list of previous cars you have had, any ideas on ratios?

#25 ·
laminge said:
Sensational figures mate, for a 6 thats is, nah just kidding.

I would have thought at 13psi you would need to intercool that baby?

Do you have any shots of air intake from start?

Love to meet up with you at some stage, you can always PM me and i will give you my contact details.

Not sure what your thoughts on Calder are, but I wouldnt mind catching up also with some of the Melbourne guys on this thread up in Heathcote!

I have as yet to decide what i am going to do with my diff, as from the list of previous cars you have had, any ideas on ratios?
Intercooler will be coming soon,<< once l have that going will boost it more.
As for ratios on diffs l always stick to 3.73s as experince on them is veryy good>>>thanks to DANDY PERFOMANCE.
Would be happy to meet up with you at Heathcote <<l'm in the Penisular Way ,,,where are you??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.