05' Ranger Spindle - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Ranger Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Ranger.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2007, 18:54   #1 (permalink)

05' Ranger Spindle

Is it possible for a spindle to break only being 2yrs old?
ranger05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2007, 19:38   #2 (permalink)

Re: 05' Ranger Spindle

I doubt it.....Maybe a tie rod or balljoint....But the whole spindle ?...Shit....Not likely in my opinion....But depending on what kind of off roading u do.....Anything is possible i guess....lol
ranger_guy_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 04:20   #3 (permalink)

It wasnt the whole spindle, it was where the tie-rod connects to the spindle.

Reason I'm asking is because I was going around a corner at I wanna say 20mph and I thought I blew out my tire. Steering was all corky and I ended up going over the curb and bumping into a wooden guardrail, just cracking the bumper. Had it towed, guy said the spindle where the tie rod meets broke which made the steering odd. Insurance adjuster said that part should be covered under warranty, I called the ford company who I bought it from and they agreed, but I had to have it towed to the closest ford dealer because im about 1hr 30min away. That dealer, told me it was covered, I told them I was going to tell the insurance to cancel the claim, within 10 min, a new guy called me and said it wasnt covered anymore.
He said the part shows "Physical Signs of Damage". I said, ya most likely, it broke. he then said the tie rod was bent, and Im assuming that happened either between it hanging down and me going over the curb, or between the 2 tows of it being dragged around.
Either way, I'm just trying to get my warranty honored and not have them go through insurance when there is no need.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:27   #4 (permalink)

I agree. Ford should fix it. Whatever the reason. Good luck!
Old 11-09-2007, 12:46   #5 (permalink)

I agree, the part broke. It seems like when I told them I already contacted the insurance that there whole outlook changed and now the warranty doesnt apply.
Any reasoning behind this or is it just a mis-thought. I do not want to pay the $500 deductable if the part, which it is, is under warranty. But the gentleman stands by his story of "Its just not covered now because its damaged"
Old 11-09-2007, 15:02   #6 (permalink)

Well isnt that the whole point of a warranty?...To cover the shit that breaks within the first few years?!?!?....I would keep at it....If they still wont fix it for u, tell them to kiss your . Good luck!
Old 11-09-2007, 19:55   #7 (permalink)

My thoughts exactly, Ill probably bring the issue to the owner of this company if it cant be resolved. Anyone else have any warranty issues like this, if so how did you handle it?
Old 11-09-2007, 22:23   #8 (permalink)

Tell em your gonna trade the range for a colorado...lol...j/k Best of luck man....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum