1994 Ranger XLT Auto. Transmission problem and fuel gage inoperative - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Ranger Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Ranger.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2007, 14:23   #1 (permalink)

1994 Ranger XLT Auto. Transmission problem and fuel gage inoperative

My truck has problems going into gear. I'll explain. I can put the truck in reverse and back up and then when I put it in drive it hesitates before it actually goes into to drive. After driving a couple of miles ( a warm up period ) it does fine...it goes trough all the gears fine. Another thing....it seems to be worse when it's colder outside. As the weather has stated to warm up it's not as bad. Just wondering if anyone has ever had this problem and if you have any idea what it could be.

Also...my fuel gage is not working. I know the tank is full and yet it registers empty. I've been using my trip odometer as guide but it's kinda aggravating.

Any help would be appreciated.
CWC94RANGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2007, 06:51   #2 (permalink)
issuer of free advice

Re: 1994 Ranger XLT Auto. Transmission problem and fuel gage inoperative

try a tranny filter replacement and a flush if that does not help then it is going out.

probably the sending unit trouble is the tank would need to be drained and dropped to fix it.
mre_power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:03   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the advice. I'll try to get the filter changed and see if that helps. I had a feeling about the fuel gage...just hoping for something more simple than dropping the tank. Thanks again!
CWC94RANGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 21:30   #4 (permalink)

Well it really dose sound like the sending unit, and with that its just not going to be simple.
MadModderModa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 21:31   #5 (permalink)

Getting to the fuel tank sender is much easier by removing the truck bed. That way you don't have to empty the tank or try to remove the tank straps and shield. Remove the six bolts in the bed, remove the tail lights and make sure the wires are not clipped to the bed. Remove the screws for the filler neck from the fuel door pocket and unbolt the mudflap frame if you have them. Then with a couple of helpers you can lift it off and get to everything you need to.
Fordmanstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum