1995 Ford Ranger - Dual Wheel Burnout/Whole Shot? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Ranger Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Ranger.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2003, 19:03   #1 (permalink)
CeleronXL

1995 Ford Ranger - Dual Wheel Burnout/Whole Shot?

My friend claims his two wheel drive Ford Ranger (1995) can do a burnout/wholeshot with two wheels. Is this true? I've been asking around and no one but him says that it's possible with this truck. Another friend even emailed Rizzo Ford and said it wasn't possible. Now he says that Rizzo was wrong and everyone else was wrong, and that it can, and he's seen it/done it. He says that it has dual driveshafts. Is all of this true?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2003, 13:00   #2 (permalink)

I'm having a problem understanding what it is your saying.
Is the truck a 4 wheel drive, smoking the front and rear tire's?
Or is it a 2 wheel drive with a "Duelie" converstion?
Or a 2 wheel drive and he's smoking both rear tire's?
If it's a 2 wheel it can indeed be smoking both rear tire's.
With an open style rear axle, if one rear tire spin's enough the opposite rear tire will try to engage and can start to spin also.
Or he has one of the factory installed "Posi" unit's that people say doesn't exist. I'm telling you that they do exist. My 92 has one.
http://fordexp.freehomepage.com/photo3.html
big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 13:15   #3 (permalink)
CeleronXL

It's two wheel drive, and Rizzo ford said that on these trucks only one wheel was powered at a time.
Old 07-21-2003, 04:13   #4 (permalink)

"Rizzo" told you wrong. A "posi" unit has been availabe in the "Ranger" since 1989. Think about it. It's the same 7.5 rear axle that's used in the Mustang
http://fordexp.freehomepage.com/photo3.html
big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 06:57   #5 (permalink)
CeleronXL

Re: 1995 Ford Ranger - Dual Wheel Burnout/Whole Shot?

Yes, but he doesn't have a posi unit.
Old 07-23-2003, 17:05   #6 (permalink)
AceFrehley03

Tongue Lmao!

Dual Driveshafts on a RWD Truck? Um, sorry, I'm calling B.S. on that. And besides that, didn't ALL 89 - newer rangers come with posi's, whether you wanted it or not? I dont know about the second part, that was just a thought, my '99 has posi and it's nothing out of the ordinary compared to other rangers. But about the dual driveshafts... lol...
Old 07-23-2003, 18:26   #7 (permalink)
CeleronXL

Re: Lmao!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceFrehley03
Dual Driveshafts on a RWD Truck? Um, sorry, I'm calling B.S. on that. And besides that, didn't ALL 89 - newer rangers come with posi's, whether you wanted it or not? I dont know about the second part, that was just a thought, my '99 has posi and it's nothing out of the ordinary compared to other rangers. But about the dual driveshafts... lol...
I was thinking that, but I've never seen the other wheel spin before. He says he's only done it when we weren't there, but if he had a posi, both wheels would always spin. Also, only one tire is worn from burnouts, not both.
Old 07-23-2003, 18:34   #8 (permalink)
AceFrehley03

Then you need to put two and two together bud, he's lying. If it's not posi, then he's lying about both tires spinning off the line. As far as the dual driveshafts, I can't believe anybody would be dumb enough to say that, thatd involve dual rear ends, two output shafts at the tranny... definately not the most efficient set up ever.

To put it simply, no, he can not do a two wheel spin. Seeing is believing. The proof is in what he said - he can only do it when you're not there. You dont have to be there for him to record it...
Old 12-01-2008, 18:44   #9 (permalink)

hey if its any help to you i have a 97 2wd 4cyl with a flowmaster and a k&n full CAI and only one wheel spins on a bur out but some times 2 wheels will spin at the same time, never in a brake stand though i was on a dirt road and from a stop a gave it a good amount of gas and i looked behind me and saw two fresh tire marks from me so i guess only under those circumstances 2 tires will spin but they wont in a brake stand, also the limited slip comes in handy i was driving and one side of the road was a layer of ice and the other was dry while going 30 the tire on the icy side spun while the dry side kept good traction.
i know i kind of rambled on but i hope this helps.
97rangerdanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 21:40   #10 (permalink)

The only thing that would make sense about "dual driveshafts" is front and rear on a 4WD-and you said his was a 2WD. I don't believe any of it. I knew a guy in high school who claimed he could shift his manual transmission on his Jeep while in forward motion into reverse and spin the tires backwards. When I asked for a demonstration, of course he couldn't do it for me as it was "too hard on the transmission." It was all BS as this is impossible and I think this is as well. Unless he has a posi as other stated here.
jimbot58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum