Ford Forums banner

2000 Ford Ranger

4K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  MissSkyGoddess 
#1 ·
Filled gas tank. When I started the truck back up, the gauge didn't register the gas. Drove eight miles and with my foot on the gas it started to slow down. Pulled over on the shoulder of the expressway. It sputtered when I stopped. I finally got the nerve to cut it off. I cranked it about ten minutes later it went about a thousand feet and did the same thing. This time it sputtered again when I tried to crank it till finally it would never even turn over like the battery was dead. While waiting on the tow truck it did loose compete power within the hour. The flashers would not even work. Laymen terms please as I am a complete girly girl.

#8 ·
Thanks. Very much. I've had unexpected oral surgery this week, lock smith, tow bill, new car seat, ( I'm driving this truck cause someone sideswiped my new car and totaled it, I have to wait for gap ins to pay it off) and I one bill away from having chicken salad for Christmas Dinner! You have been a life saver! My dad passed with leukemia when I was a teen and at 40, I have learned to ask the World Wide Web!!! Again I thank you from my ??heart!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.