2000 Ranger Electrical and Lock Trouble - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Ranger Forum Forum for discussion of the Ford Ranger.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2010, 16:27   #1 (permalink)

2000 Ranger Electrical and Lock Trouble

My interior truck lights having randomly been staying on when I leave and lock the truck. It used to be that i would have to shut the door harder for them to turn off but recently even slaming them has no effect. The past couple times i have had to remove the lights so that my battery wont die. A newer problem is now the remote locks wont work and i have to lock the truck manually. I got a new remote to see if the battery in the old one was just dead but they still wont lock. Any suggestions?
k-rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2010, 20:23   #2 (permalink)
Always the student

Re: 2000 Ranger Electrical and Lock Trouble

spray the all the door latches with wd40 or penetrating oil, open and shut a few times. Remote may just need to be programmed. especially if it is new or had the battery replaced
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Trucks | Utes | Vans |SUVs | Crossovers > Ford Ranger Forum